Fresh morning .....

 

30th August 2020 (Sunday)     07.00 .... It’s a lovely morning with a nice


fresh feel to the air;  7c on the garden thermometer.   Once the sun is higher, the air warmer ... and after an early breakfast I’ll go for the paper.   I think another cuppa wouldn’t go amiss right now.

09.00    The sun is warm ... I just have to go out to play (again) later.    I’ve been for the paper now I need to wash the lobby, bathroom and kitchen floors to salve my conscience then I can .... ‘play’. 

It’s such a beautiful morning that I went out to the lighthouse for a change of scenery this morning;  my word it was the effort.   Very peaceful out there..... with one or two wild campers enjoying the perfect spot to spend this holiday weekend.   I’d have mooched a cuppa but I didn’t see anyone with a kettle ‘on’

A small part of the beach this afternoon.

12.00    I watched the Church Service by Rev Douglas Creighton this morning (it’s online for the next few days) so .... on my way up to Chapel Green, to tell ‘The Boss’ how much work I have done this morrrrrrrrrrrrning..... I shall post my vote.  It’s a warm and sunny day now and a seat in the sun up at Chapel Green will be enjoyable.   I am remembering the Tesco delivery this afternoon.

16.30    The Tesco delivery has been ...... delivered ....  and everything put away in the various cupboards.    Chapel Green, (and the beach) was busy when I  went out to post my (Top Secret) vote for our new Minister.     Rev Creighton used the word ‘Community’ in his service;  and was not just referring to folks that attend the kirk.   The new Minister (if Rev Creighton is accepted) is a 'doing' person and would wish  the congregation to ‘work’ for the kirk/ community.    Lucky that I have a Blue Inhaler for allergies.   Finally.... why do Ministers, Doctors, Nurses, Policemen all look so young?.... instead of being old folk as I remember them!

18.00    My word I am shattered;   this has been the first weekend of the Tour de France,

Canoeists going through the trinq.

and, it has been the stiffest two Stages at the beginning of the race for a long time...with long, stiff climbs on both.   No wonder I’m tired.   The scenery has been fantastic, around Nice, on the first stages.   Tomorrow we leave Nice and make for Sisteron;  198 kilometres over what is classified as a ‘flat’ route taking us inland.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....