In a creative mood ....

 

17th August 2020 (Monday)     09.00 .... The sky is heavily overcast and

Oyster Catchers.
there’s a spell of rain expected around mid morning after that the rain is forecast to slowly peter out;   though it’s going to be dull for most of the day.    I went or the paper early to miss the rain though I  did feel a few spits and spots when I was at the harbour, but it never came to anything.     The ‘plan’ is to do some research and writing for most of today..... I might go out on the bike later in the afternoon.




16.30    I haven’t been out, and won’t be going out, on the bike;  although it isn’t raining it’s cold and windy;  anyway I am engrossed with what I am doing on the computer and want to keep on with that.   I’m pleased with what I have achieved so far today;  you could say that I am ‘on a roll’.

Oh dear;   I id notice that 'The Ferry' has a number of empty parking spaces this morning;  even if this means there are parking spaces available, it also means that some families are having to go back to their other homes.... which is understandable.    Though it isn’t too bad just now, I am going to miss everybody.   Knowing the village is  alive’ and seeing the golf course and beach busy as they have been (photo opportunities all over the place) is very reassuring.   I like it when there aren’t many spaces between neighbours.

Curlew.
18.00   Heavy Scotch Mist has drifted in from the sea giving us a really dreich evening;  which doesn’t bother me that much when I’m happy doing stuff on the computer.    Mind you I’d much rather look out at a blue sky.

I see on the news that the government in London has had to do a U-turn regarding the exam results in England.  The fact that they saw what happened in Scotland, and still went ahead, just shows you the uselessness of the present Government.    

Tomorrow it will be 11 years since Maggie suddenly died.   Luckily, and unknown to me, she had been training me on how to survive without her:  between that and my family and friends I survived the initial trauma and now lead a meaningful life (meaningful to me anyway).   Normally I go up to Chapel Green and have ‘morning coffee’, and a quiet half hour, with ‘her’ on this annual anniversary but I see from the weather forecast that this might not be possible tomorrow.   However the forecast for our area can often be wrong so I’ll have my coffee flask on standby just in case I can be up there at 10.00.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....