Bright and breezy ....

 

22nd August 2020 (Saturday)       09.30 .... It’s a beautiful, bright and breezy

The 'Ferry corner'.
morning and everything is where it should be all around the villages.... the paper has been picked up from the ‘paper shop, along with two rolls,  so I am ready for the weekend.    The wind is a bit too strong for my biking to Balcarres and, would you believe it, the card reader I ordered yesterday at 15.30 could be delivered today;  that would be amazing.   I really think it will be Monday though;   I’m not sure if it will come by Parcel Force or the ‘postie’.     I’ve taken a ‘wheen’ o’ photographs this morning and might even get out again in the afternoon ....  I’ll have a lot to ‘play’ with when the reader does arrive.

18.30    Ferry Road seemed busy today, presumably with some holiday makers leaving and new ones coming in.    I’ve had a great day:  Myra phoned inviting me up to ‘No 3’ for morning coffee:   by the time I got there (I’d wandered along the beach meeting ... and chatting to...  a few folks on the way) Kirsty and Geoff were already e.    It was good catching up with each other’s news .... of which there was loads but I’ve forgotten it all.    The girls and I walked along the beach on the way home;  Geoff was in the ‘Buggy’..... Myra was having her morning exercise, and Kirsty lives just round the corner from me.

Kinneuchar kirk 70 years ago.
It’s Janice’s birthday tomorrow (Sussex daughter in law) and I ordered (online) a bunch of flowers to be delivered to No 1.    This morning I had an e-mail from the company (Prestige Flowers) to tell me that the flowers would be delivered as asked.... and it looked like they were going to be delivered to Ivy Cottage!    I read the e-mail a couple of times and was convinced I’d done it all wrong.    But all was fine;  the flowers were delivered to Janice as I’d asked.    I read the e-mail again and it did make sense .... after I knew they were where they were supposed to be.

My afternoon was spent making Shepherd’s Pies for the freezer;  so this has been a very satisfying and pleasurable day for me.    The weather has been fine .... though it is cloudier now.    I think tomorrow is going to be another ‘nae bad’ day .... much like today was.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....