Cool ....

 

28th August 2020 (Friday)     06.30 .... Although overcast it isn’t raining,

Breakfast on the beach.

and 
there is the chance of a few sunny spells later;   it is cool for this time of year with a brisk breeze from the North-Easterly direction;   showers aren’t mentioned but sometimes  the sky does look threatening.     I’ll get out later. 

08.00     When I was up at Elie, for the paper (and milk), we had a light shower, so showers are around;   hopefully they will clear away as the day progresses.    And it’s cold for the time of year;   biking could be ‘cauld on the lugs’.

12.30    I’ve had a reasonably busy day pottering around Ivy;  the weather has been too unsettled, with occasional spells of Scotch Mist being blown in from the North Sea, so I haven’t been out ‘to play’ yet.   I have done some work in the greenhouse (cactus's) and on the computer.    

Unlike yesterday morning, (when I found ‘All Quiet on the Western Front’ to watch,  the tele today has been absolute rubbish.   I browsed through the Channels and quite frankly we shouldn’t have to pay a TV licence;  in fact they should pay us for having to put up with their infantile adverts.    Not that I watch the adverts but I did pass across plenty of them (I feel sorry for all the folk who are 'taken in' by them).   The problem is that I can solve all the Midsomer Murder cases before CI Barnaby and Sgt. Jones... and all the Agatha Christie cases before Poirot.   I hope to get out later in the afternoon.

'The Toft' (Elie) this afternoon.

21.00     Yes.... the afternoon has been lovely and ‘the boy’ got out to play;  the first time I’ve been out on the bike for two days.     I only went up to and through Elie estate, then home via Elie and Chapel green because the bike battery was only showing three bars.     I am pleased to report that everything is where it should be.... including Stewart who was going to be cutting grass.    The bike battery is now fully charged for tomorrow and, according to the forecast, it’s going to be a bonnie day;  in fact Sunday is also going to be nice.    There’s a bit of colour in the sky tonight .... that’s a good sign.   The plan is to enjoy the weekend.

I’ve had an enjoyable day.... met and talked to a few folk;  and even did that wee bit of work.   No wonder I’m tired.     


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....