Early morning fog ....

 

13th August 2020 (Thursday)     06.30 ....There’s a fairly heavy fog just now,

but the sun should eventually burn it off;  there is a light ENE breeze and it is warm.    When the sun does breakthrough it should be comfortably warm;  ‘light cloud and a moderate breeze’ is the forecast for KY9.    I’m orf  out ..... to take a few ‘foggy’ photos.  

21.30     It has been a lovely day but, once again, it was too hot for me in the first part of the afternoon;   I had to rest in The Hutte.    I’d spent most of the morning tidying up the garden.    Later in the afternoon I went out on the bike.... up to and around Kinneuchar, then home via the estate and Elie.    By the time I got to Chapel Green the wind had freshened and it began to feel chilly so I didn’t linger.

When I stopped, to take a few photos from ‘The Terrace’, the tide was way out and there were family groups all over the beach doing their own thing.    I don’t often go out when the streets are busy, but occasionally I feel brave.     I’d forgotten to take a mask, and

money/card, with me so couldn’t buy an ice cream;   and, just to make me feel really frustrated, when on the Terrace it seemed that everybody was licking an ice cream.   I enjoyed my bike run this afternoon;  I may do afternoon runs more often.

The lady from London, that I met yesterday morning, told me that her friends had enjoyed biking around the city for their exercise when the street were empty:  much as we all I enjoyed the freedom of biking  around Elie and Earlsferry.    This has me thinking:   instead of squandering money on the HS2 rail link, (I have no doubt there will be other grandiose schemes), why not build proper cycle ways all around the country.    I’m thinking of proper cycle ways not a road that is suddenly

signposted and designated as Cycle Route ‘X’ etc.   Creating the routes would provide proper jobs, and there could be ‘biketels’ (as opposed to motels) so that folks could have proper and safe biking holidays.   Getting back to the streets;  people enjoyed biking on the streets of London (and wherever), so I’m sure there’s a lesson to be had from that.   I like dreaming.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....