Heavy mist .....

 

14th August 2020 (Friday)   06.30 ....There’s a heavy bank of low cloud

come in from the North Sea so it’s grey and damp.    It’s not a morning for getting the bike out, but it should brighten up by midday;   and, like yesterday, the afternoon should be warm and sunnier .    The West wind used to be the prevailing wind in our area, now it appears to be the East.    Actually there’s hardly any wind at all just now... just enough to bring in low cloud from the sea.     

09.30    With it being a wet morning I decided to go to ‘The Store’, in Anstruther, to do a small shopping;  going round the shop helps to make me feel that there could be a reasonable ‘new normal’ after all.... eventually.    It is wet with spells of heavy Scotch Mist drifting in.... I had the car wipers going (at intermittent) .... so it’s not a nice morning at all.    I found that my breathing was tight going round the shop.... this  is the first time that I have felt uncomfortable wearing a mask:  Having said that, I had to have a shot of the blue inhaler when I first got up so there must be something ‘in the air’;   anyway I got all the bits and pieces I wanted (and a few more);  now I need the sun to break through.    In the meantime ... yep .... I’ll have morning coffee.

17.30     I had a run up to Chapel Green in the middle of the afternoon;  someone forgot to charge the bike battery.    Silly boy.     The battery is on charge now so I’m looking for a brighter day tomorrow.    There was a couple of kites being flown at Chapel Green;  they brightened up the grey sky.

The information boards are proving to be a big success;  this year have a lot of new holiday makers who do stop to read them.   And guess who ends up chatting to them?     Only one or two:  imagine if I was up there all day? 

The sky is breaking up a bit now;   the Lochgelly weather cam has ‘bloo’ in the sky so we might yet end up with a sunny spell.  

 21.00     Tomorrow is the 75th Anniversary of VJ Day ;  the day that WWII finally ended, although from all the celebrations on 8th May you got the impression that the war had ended.... totally on that date:  Sadly the ‘Forgotten War’ was still going with Japan and many families, across the world, didn’t know of the ‘hell’ that their loved ones were going through in the Far East.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....