Brighter .....

 

16th August 2020 (Sunday)     07.30     There’s a few blue holes in the sky and

better feel to the air; although there is a lot of cloud around us.    I’ll get the bike out after I have another cuppa as it’s definitely a morning for doing things;   must go ‘slight flap on now’ ... got things to do.... there’s camera to ‘play’ with..    Enjoy your day.

09.00     It could only happen in Bonnie Scotland:  by the time I got the bike out the ‘bloo’ sky was somewhere else (Leven) and Scotch Mist had come in from the North Sea.   Instead of going for the paper I went to the beach;   and  will go for the paper after breakfast.     If the Scotch Mist has lifted.

12.00    The villages have been circumnavigated and all is well at the Centre of the Universe.    I remembered to go for the paper too!    It’s not a bright and sunny day but it’s pleasant, .... and dry now that the mist has lifted a bit.   The plan is to go out again later in the afternoon.... just now I’m orf to have a quick browse through the paper before lunch.

17.30     Wellll .... I did go out on the bike in the  afternoon;  even though it hasn’t been the bonniest of days, but I fancied the exercise.   I ended up at Kinneuchar and then came home through the estate to Elie.  Elie was busy with visitors in spite of the dour kind of day.    That’s one thing about the East Neuk;  folk can enjoy the scenery no matter what the weather is like.... which is handy because this weather is with us for another couple of days;  until the wind changes direction.



21.00    When I was browsing the tele earlier today I blundered into an advert for some kind of food:   it came in 5 kilo bags and promised vitality, took ten years off your age, nae arthritis and probably nae wrinkles.   I thought .... “jings... I need  a bag o’ that, and I’ll have it for breakfast instead of Cornflakes”.    It was for cat food!   Pity.

I’ve been reading about the fiasco with the exam results in England.   Ye Gods you’d

have thought they would have got it right after we had to do a ‘U’ turn in Scotland.    I feel sorry for the young folk;  all I have to do is keep out of everybody’s way:  they have to get educated, look for jobs,....  build a life.   Not easy the way things are just now.

Plan for tomorrow?   Nae plan really .... the forecast isn’t great, and most of my day is regulated by the weather.   It looks like being dry (ish) in the early part of the day.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....