Wet and muggy ...


23rd July 2020 (Thursday)       08.00 .... The plan is to go out on the bike in
This reminds me that I need a haircut!
the afternoon;  right now it’s  a warm, wet and misty morning;   a good morning for reading a book.   The book I’m reading just now is about India in the middle of the 19th century... the days of the ‘Raj’.... when Britain ruled  South Asia.    It’s a fascinating book.



21.00    I’ve had a busy day.    After the drizzle/rain stopped I went to the beach;  and a lot of other folks did the same.   I like to see the beach with people doing ‘beach things’ .... enjoying themselves each in their own way.    I met Billy (Donaldson) .... he was sitting on the Cockstail rocks because the seats at the Breakwater, where he would normally sit, were all occupied.

This morning.
I couldn’t go out in the afternoon because I was waiting for a delivery (shoes).   The van arrived (about 14.00 I think it was) so I got a coat of polish on them and  thought I might as well break then in.   I did think of going out on the bike but the roads were busy so I went as far as The Hutte.   I don’t know if anyone remembers but 15 months or so ago I had a problem with feeling that I was walking on balloons;  I even went to the Doctor and had my ears checked.... but we couldn’t find anything wrong.  Today, after I put on the new shoes, I had that same feeling.    The shoes I buy have little balloon things on the sole (air pockets they call them) and guess what .... not only do they make me feel  I’m walking on balloons;  I am walking on balloons!    When did I buy my last pair of new shoes?   er.... 15 months ago.   It’s exciting being ‘me’. 

I eventually got the bike out after dinner and went up to Chapel Green.    It is a lovely
Bonnie cloud over Elie.
evening and there was a lot of activity on the beach, the water and walkers going round Chapel green.   I don’t think I have ever seen the villages as busy as they are just now;  and August is usually busier. 
  
‘M’ isnae on Skype tonight;  well we can’t get connected so I won’t get any New Zealand news.    New Zealand is having the usual politician ailment just now -  scandal!   No ... I am not going to go ‘off on one’ about politicians again.... I’m feeling happy and don’t want to spoil the feeling.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....