Low pollen count ....

March Stane.
27th July 2020 (Monday)  

   07.30 .... ‘precipitation is expected’ is the forecast for KY9 ...and we have it;   but my word it’s a bonnie day for hay fever sufferers;   with hardly any pollen and dust in the air.  There is one major side effect of course..... it’s wet and  not a day for going out;  with or without a camera.    Oh well I have a sign to write and work to do on the computer..... and;   there’s  also a Tesco delivery to look forward to.    Yep ... busy day ahead.... and the sun might break through later.    Orf to have breakfast.

The photo of the ‘March Stane’ is in the answer to a request made by ‘Unknown’ on the 23rd June.   (From that date you will have sussed out that I am dilatory when it comes to checking ‘Comments’).    To find the ‘March Stane’ you continue on the line of the Ferry Wynd (that’s the bottom bit of Ferry Road – now also known as ‘Ferry Road') down to and beyond the beach to the rocks where it can be easily found....usually after you have walked past it then look back towards Ferry Wynd/Road.   There used to be two 'March Stane's but, try as we did, Jimmy (Linton) and I could never find where the second one had been.... though we knew it was further out.

Dunblane Rose.
12.00     The Tesco van arrived (aided by the driver) 5 minutes early and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had ordered ‘goodies;  Tunnock’s ... those squishy things? .... Tea Cakes (10)!   Everything has been wiped and put away, now I am ready for the rain to stop so that I can ‘go out to ‘play’.    I’ve done the ironing, and thought about the sign, so I feel that some play ‘time’ wouldn’t go amiss.


18.30    The rain did stop and the sun broke through for a couple of hours, but it’s raining again so I missed my chance to go to the beach.   The rain might stop again before nightfall and I’ll take the chance and go for a walk then.    I watched ‘Convoy, a propaganda film made in 1940, on Channel 81, which was followed by The Thirty Nine Steps.   I started to watch that and fell asleep.

I have done some work stuff today including taking some photos of wet flowers from the

Ivy Cottage Foxgloves.
front and back door;  I didn’t want the camera to get wet.    Although it has been a wet day I feel content at the end of it.... doing enough to stave of boredom.   Yes .... I’m a happy bunny.

 21.00     It’s going to be ‘bright and breezy’ tomorrow and my plan is be bright and breezy too.   I’ll get the bike out to go for the paper in the morning. .... then think about writing the sign.    Think about it? .... did I not do that earlier today?    I’d better make a start to the sign at least .... to salve my conscience if nothing else. 

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....