Invigorating breeze (cauld ) ....

Chapel Green.

19th July 2020 (Sunday)    09.30 .... We have a cloudless sky with a cool
breeze from the Northwest.   I’ve been for the paper and have done my normal circuit of the villages.... (remembering to stop at the ‘paper shop):  I was pleasantly surprised to see so many folk out enjoying the early morning air.   There’s a brisk wind a-blowin’ and it’s cauld on the lugs....invigorating would be the best way to describe the early morning air.   It will warm up by mid morning though the wind is going to be with us most of the day.   I’ve had breakfast.... now I need another cuppa to set me up for the day. 


Main Street, Kinneuchar.

22.00    I washed a couple of jerseys today thinking they would dry in ‘nae time’;  unfortunately we caught the edge of a couple of showers and I had to bring them into the Hutte (wherein I was ensconced) .... both times before the showers hit us so they are near enough dry now.

In the early late afternoon/ early evening I ventured out on the bike;  prior to this time Ferry Road had been exceedingly busy .... which is why I was in the Hutte relaxing with the paper, and keeping an eye on the weather. 

 The villages are busy with holiday makers.... in fact the whole of the East Neuk is busy.    We could end up like Cornwall and become a tourist hot spot... which would
Early evening.
give the local economy a much needed boost;  as long as we don’t end up with the virus.    This is the worrying thing for the local population of course, which is why we must continue to take care and look after each other.   It’s good to see the villages busy.   I’m lovin’ it.... there’s a load of early morning dog walkers about so plenty of potential conversations.

What am I doing tomorrow?    I haven’t really thought about it but I’ll get up and out early then see how the weather goes.    Myra is having a ‘coffee morning’ for the Troops tomorrow so I must remember that.... and I’m thinking of going to Balcarres on Tuesday.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....