Nice but cool ....


4th July 2020 (Saturday)     09.00 ....”Happy Independence Day to all my
Taken from inside the 'pedestrian safe' zone outside the shops.
friends in the USA .... enjoy but be safe).  
It’s a lovely morning though slightly cooler than it should be at this time of year.   I went out on the bike early (and remembered to pick up the paper) then did the harbour to Chapel Green run.    Neil was down at the harbour, litter picking his way round with the dogs.   There is a lot of work done for the villages, by unsung ‘volunteers’ like Neil, who do so much to keep our villages neat and tidy.   Talking (well writing) about the villages: the villages are busy now with the start of the holiday season.... which is good in that it means things are getting back to some kind of ‘normal;  as long as we don’t become complacent.


14.00     The villages are in ‘full holiday mode’ with holiday makers still turning up.   Social distancing is being observed at the shops;  I guess the big test will be when the pubs open.   Two or three pints and social distancing will, I imagine,  be ‘oot the windae’.
Kinneuchar Kirk.
I biked up to the ‘paper shop’ (for the second time today) to pay my weekly bill and went to ‘arbour ‘ouse to for morning coffee.   I  met Moira and Brian..... eventually.  Brian was ‘hiding’ on the seat outside the Bus Stop.... I was ‘hiding’ inside the Bus Stop, and didn’t see Brian.    I had my sun glasses on!    That’s my excuse.    Anyway both Brian and Moira are looking well.... Moira suits having long hair.... Brian suits having hair.    Apparently Arncroach is hoaching with visitors.... and there’s nae beach up there.   That might be ‘fake news’.    Not the beach bit.... the ‘hoaching with visitors bit!   
I’d noticed the clouds gathering towards the West so I set off for home by way of the estate;   the road wasn’t that bad considering the rain we’ve had.    Mr Nairn was setting up a barbecue at the Estate boat house so I just chatted for minute then went on to stop No2 to take a couple of photos.    I arrived back at Ivy just as the rain began...... lucky boy.    We’ve had some rain and the sky is still overcast but it does look like brightening up again.

20.30   The afternoon has been a lazy one;  I did  couple of Soduko’s in The Hutte
Leven Care Home - the sand coloured building in the foreground.
snipped a couple of weeds and read the papers.   Now I’ll play with some photos, then speak to ‘M’ on Skype and catch up with what’s ‘appening in New Zealand.

No plan for tomorrow:  it’s supposed to rain overnight and  into the morning but by mid-morning we are going to have sunny intervals .... and strong winds.  .... so it won’t be a day for going out on the bike  methinks.    I’m orf to see if I can find something on the tele to watch when having my hot chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....