Bonnie morning ....


2nd July 2020 (Thursday)     06.30 .... It’s a nice morning... mostly overcast
'Quacker' of a morning'!
but at least it’s dry, though cooler than is should be at this time of year.     I’m having a cuppa before going ‘’roond the villages’ on the bike .... and picking up the paper on the way this morning.   I won’t venture into the estate as the road will be muddy.



09.30    I’ve circumnavigated the villages to try out the camera and went to the ‘paper shop’ for the paper(s).... and chatted to Irene who had walked along from ‘The Ferry’   The villages are starting to get busy with holiday makers now which is a double edged sword in  a way;  we like the visitors but don’t want the virus.   (Note for Boris ; there is a border;  Hadrian built a wall along it!).


22.00    We had our ‘morning coffee’ at the War Memorial;  that’s the place to sit and watch the world go through Elie..... it’s a busy corner.   The feeling that things are getting back to some kind of normal is a relief, though ‘the good old days’ are gone forever:  or at least until there’s a vaccine.   We think we’ve had it bad but the USA is in  a real mess;  but hardly surprising when you think of what they have as a ‘leader’.  
After morning coffee I went through the estate and was, once again, surprised at how good the road was.   It wasn’t the best day for going through the estate but it did give me some exercise.   When I was out on the bike I decided  I would go to ‘The Store’ in Anstruther (this time with a list), to get the things I didn’t get on Tuesday .... the shop is quiet at lunch time.   I really think this idea was brought on by the visit to Harbour House which set me thinking of the ‘good old days’.
I’ve had fun with the camera today.... all I need to do now is order the accessories I want to complete the kit;  spare battery, remote release and lens hood.   I am certainly happy with what I’ve seen so far.

By all accounts tomorrow is going to be wet, with Saturday being much the same.    It
Coffee time.
will be computer stuff for me.... and doing Soduko’s in The Hutte I suspect.   Sometimes we get lucky and the worst of the bad weather misses us.
I see that SEDCO 711 has left the Firth bound for the breakers yard in Turkey;  things are quiet in Largo Bay now.... ‘Ocean Valiant’ being the only platform left.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....