Summer time....

31st July 2020 (Friday)     07.30 .... the bucket cairt blokes are on the

ball this morning.... the ‘broon’ bucket was emptied at 07.23.    George’s ‘bloo’ bucket is out .... they, the blue buckets, will be done later in the afternoon.    It must be stressful being the refuse lorry driver when the streets are so busy;   I suppose that’s why they start early and try to get the worst bits done before the traffic starts moving.    It’s a bonnie morning so the streets will be busy with day trippers making for the beach.

18.30    My only sortie ‘out’ today was to the beach and that was before a latish breakfast.....  and the beach was fairly busy at that time.    I imagine it would have been really busy in the afternoon .... the streets have been non-stop with cars most of the day, presumably a lot of them would be making for the beach.   There couldn’t have been many parking spots left in the villages. 

 I spent the day pottering around Ivy and sitting in the Hutte with numerous cuppas;   a restful day.   I had thought of going out on the bike in the afternoon but changed the ‘plan’ when I saw how busy Ferry Road was.    I’ll do my biking

early tomorrow:   it will have to be early because the roads will be busy again .... it’s a ‘change over’ weekend. 

21.00    The sky has clouded over but it’s warm.... and it feels like it’s going to be one of those ‘uncomfortably warm nights’.    Not something we’re bothered with very often in Bonnie Scotland. 

I went up to the fourth tee to take a few photos of the ‘clouded over’ sky  because it looks bonnie.   I have always liked clouds;  in fact a lot of folks probably think my ‘head’s in the clouds’ most of the time;  and they’d be right.   There’s a thunderstorm moving northeast into the North Sea off Newcastle.... and there’s been a couple of lightning strikes to the West of Stirling.   This explains my thundery headache.  

There’s a lovely aroma of barbecue food drifting around  just now;   this has

made me feel hungry.   I’m not going to yield to temptation and have something to eat with my hot chocolate;  but the temptation is strong.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....