Bright and breezy (so is the weather) ....


5th July 2020 (Sunday) .... “Happy Birthday” to Maggie, alias ‘The Boss’
Romantic couple admiring the vista.
who would have been 79 today;  I might have coffee at Chapel Green sometime today.... depending on how the weather goes.
07.30    We have a ‘bright and breezy’ morning, the overnight rain having stopped in the middle of the night.    Showers are forecast for today but I have a washing going though the machine so I hope they miss us.   There’s a brisk drying wind just now (F5) that is forecast to freshen by midday.    I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ this morning but intend staying around Ivy to keep an eye on the washing.

My favourite early morning coffee station.
15.00      I had a walk to the beach after breakfast the intention being to flatten the camera battery (I knew it was low) then charge it up for tomorrow when I might go out on the bike.   The villages are busy, with queues outside the shops, and the roads are also busy so biking, later in the morning, is obviously more hazardous.
 It has been a nice morning for drying washing;  the washing I did this morning is in ironed and put away.   Because blustery showers did bumble our way in the afternoon I decided to skip having coffee at Chapel Green;   I’ll do that tomorrow.   Tomorrow is a better forecast and I have stripped the bed and intend doing the sheets etc tomorrow.... that’s why I did the small washing I did today;  to clear the lines for tomorrows wash.   I’d better go and make the bed up.... after a cuppa.
Felix playing for 'Clap for the NHS Birthday' celebration.



19.30     The Earlsferry folks showed their support for the ‘Clap for the 72nd anniversary of the founding of the NHS.    Felix lead the celebrations playing the pipes excellently, as ever, and we joined in with the clapping bit.   Well done Felix ... we’re proud of our ‘own’ piper.   A shower of rain came over and cut it short but not before I managed to get a few photos.   It’s braw being part of a community again.
I’ve been a busy boy today, having done a fair amount of 'work' (for a change).... did a couple of Soduko’s, and fell asleep in the Hutte.   I was thinking of going for a short walk to the beach but the showers are still around, and I feel need of a cuppa... and perhaps a wee chocolate 'goodie'. 


21.00     I’m tired tonight.... in future I must ration the amount of work that I do!    Half an hour per day perhaps?    Tomorrow will be easier.... and the weather forecast is good so I might take time out and go further afield on the bike.   The camera battery was charged up this afternoon so I could potter my way up to Colinsburgh and Balcarres.   I’ll see how I get on with the washing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....