Overcast with light showers ....


10th July 2020 (Friday)    06.30 .... there’s a threatening look to the clouds
"Lucia".
this morning so I’ll go out on the bike later. when there’s better chance of sunny spells.   It’s a nice enough but not the kind of morning it was yesterday.   The car needs it’s wheels turned now and again anyway.

08.30    It’s a wet and sad looking morning now with little chance of me going out on the bike working in the garden this morning.   The sky is forecast to break up by mid morning giving us sunny spells;  until then I’ll work on the computer.   Having been for the paper  I now need to have breakfast, cuppa and browse the paper.

13.30    So far I haven’t been anywhere for exercise because of the showers;  only as far as The Hutte to read the paper and do a couple of Soduko’s.    I’m looking for a longer ‘sunny spell’:  three or four weeks would be nice.   I’ll have a look at the weather cams and, if they look promising I might go up to Chapel Green.... not too far
The Bass Rock.
from Ivy.   Myra has been at the door because I found two custard tarts there.... I must have been asleep in The Hutte when she was here.   I must have been fairly deep asleep because I normally hear folk at the front door.   “Thank you Myra”;  guess what I’ll be having with the cuppa.




16.30   There’s been a succession of showers this afternoon but I did get up to Chapel Green for a short time.    It’s beautiful in between the showers, but you have to keep a ‘weather eye’ on them because they can be heavy.   Chapel Green was busy and the beach had good number of folk on it.   I think the villages are on the point of becoming too busy .... i.e. choc a block with vehicles.

19.00    I never did any real work done in the garden because of the showers .... not that I feel guilty about that, but I have been enjoying cutting back a big bush thing at
Bonnie but showery afternoon.
the ‘romantic’ corner..... that’s where I sit and contemplate sometimes but it’s in need of a good tidy up which is what cutting the bush back is all about.

We’re going to have more settled weather tomorrow;   showers are not mentioned in the forecast.    Saturday and Sunday are both forecast to be good: this weekend could be our summer.   I’ll be out at my usual time then spend the day in and around Ivy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....