Sometimes warm and cosy ....


13th July 2020 (Monday)     08.30 .... My word .... this heat is just too
Migrating Curlew ... he's heading for Sunny Sussex.
much;  roll on the cool days of autumn.    That was earlier .... when we had a lovely, warm and sunny, start to the morning, but the sky has clouded over since then and by the time I got back to Ivy the temperature had dropped by 2 degrees Celsius.   (I am using the word ‘Celsius’ because it is shorter than ‘Centigrade’;  having said that I’d have been quicker writing ‘Centigrade’ that writing all this  ... information).  
It’s a nice morning and it should be really warm by lunch time..   I met Marcia and Stephanie on their way out with the dogs.... I think Marcia said that she looks forward to the trees changing colour.    Then again maybe Marcia didn’t say that.
I’ve been for the paper .... only thing is I forgot to go and actually get it, having got into a state of excitement with the bonnie sky as I bumbled my way round the villages.    You will be glad to know that everything is where it should be:  Now I am well ready for breakfast.

Grange Road houses - Earlsferry.
21.00    I have actually done some physical work in the garden today... but I was  forced  to take cover in The Hutte (where I promptly fell asleep) when a heavy shower came over.   After another bit of gardening later in the afternoon, I went up to Chapel Green on the bike for a bit of relaxation.   I was surprised to see the beach so busy then I remembered... it is the holiday season.    It’s good to see the villages as they should be at this time of year but the virus is always at the back of my mind so I can never totally relax.   Of course most folks can have a shared bubble now, but I am still in my own bubble (there’s plenty folks like me).  In my bubble there’s me my camera and the bike, so I’m happy enough.... and I do meet and talk to folk when I’m out so I’m not ‘lonely’:  alone maybe but not lonely.   But it is good to see things getting back to some kind of ‘normal’ for the younger folk.


I’ve had a satisfying and slightly tiring day today;  tomorrow is going to be cloudier in
Wild geranium.
the morning with sunny spells in the afternoon and it’s going to be breezy again so not as warm as it should be at this time of year.   I intend doing some more work in the garden.   There’s going to be a heap of stuff ready to go into the ‘broon’ bucket as soon as it’s emptied on Friday.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....