Autumnal feel to the air ....


12th July 2020 (Sunday)    10.00 .... There’s a braw autumnal feel to the air
Elie High Street.
this morning... a lovely morning for being ‘out and about’.    I’ve been for the paper and round the village;  today I ventured into the Woodside area of Elie for a change of scenery.    Woodside was quiet but it was early in the morning.    I came to the conclusion that a few trees in the play park would make it, the play park, less frugal looking.... cherry trees down the length of the north side would look good.    There’s a feel of autumn in the air this morning;  that had me thinking of Austria in September.    Now I’m looking forward to the trees changing colour.


Heading for Largo Bay.
I have Tesco delivery this afternoon;  that’s always exciting.... there might be a few goodies in the order.   The plan is to rest in The Hutte most of the day, with the odd sortie out into the garden to admire the greenery.   I intend to read the paper, drink numerous cuppas and try out the new pencils.

21.00     We haven’t had any rain for at least 24 hours.... my dandli .... flo’ers will be goin’ limp.    From that you will have guessed that we’ve had another gorgeous day.... better, in fact, than yesterday.    I got the bike out at 14.00 with the intention of going to Balcarres .... luckily I remembered I had the Tesco delivery so stopped at home .... resting would be an accurate description of my afternoon.    The Tesco delivery turned up ten minutes early:  I’m very impressed with online shopping, it’s a lot easier and near enough worry free.   I disappointed myself though..... I hadn’t ordered any ‘goodies’.... this virus has taught me how to live without ‘rubbage’.    Bit like the war
He has a 'plan' in mind.
(WWII) when ‘rubbage’ was not available.    Now they want me to go out and buy it again.    Nae chance.

I see that Gove is saying that face masks shouldn’t be mandatory in England;  he would rather leave it to people to use their ‘common sense’ and make their own choice;  just like Bournemouth beach a few weeks ago re social distancing.

I’m not sure about a plan for tomorrow because the weather forecast mentions ‘cloudy with slight chance of precipitation’ first thing.   My flo’ers can relax.   It should be brighter by mid morning.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....