Decorator Budd....

29th July 2020 (Wednesday)     09.30 .... It’s such a beautiful morning that I

came home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar:  which was a bit of luck as I met and stopped to chat to Davie Budd.... one time Decorator with Stevenson and Horsburgh.... now self employed, and helping to keep the East Neuk looking pristine.    We went into reminiscing mode .... my word we had some hilarious time on the building sites.    And some rough ones too. 

18.30    The weather has been nice and I have been busy so we have a contented ‘boy’ inn Ivy Cottage tonight.     By the time I’d finished ‘playing with my morning batch of photographs it was coffee break time.... and I felt that I deserved it.    After the coffee break I decided to finish the wee sign.    Sign writing  second nature to me at one time.... now it’s not quite so easy.   The brain knows what it wants the hand to do but the hand isn’t as flexible as it once was.   However ‘we’ got there.... and I am pleasantly surprised at how it has turned out.

After lunch I had a rest half hour in ‘The Hutte’.    When I woke up I decided to to up to Kinneuchar and annoy Shona;  and mooch an afternoon cuppa at the same time.    Shona has been planting shrubs in her garden including a Pohutukawa tree .... also known as the New Zealand Christmas tree (because it  blossoms at Christmas, which, in New Zealand, is in the middle of summer).     We admired the garden while having our afternoon cuppa.

I came home by way of Elie Estate and Elie:  I didn’t see anybody that I knew but I did notice that Elie is busy with holidaymakers.... just like Earlsferry.

21.00     Tomorrow is ‘H’ Day .... i get my haircut.     I’ve sort of got used to long hair so

Kinneuchar.
I’ll see what Kirsty (hairdresser) wants to do with it;  though it  probably go back to what it was before ‘lockdown’.     I might, when in Leven anyway,  do a wee bit of shopping ....it depends on how busy the shops look.

Big adventure tomorrow;  it  is going to be the first time that I’ll have been in Leven since the week before ‘lockdown’ .... and that was to have my hair cut. 

  

 

‘Blogger’ has been ‘improved’ but as far as I can see it’s a complete mess ....  photos inserted into text just doesn’t work.     Why is it that something that works has to be ‘improved’?


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....