Feeling frisky ....


8th July 2020 (Wednesday)    07.00 .... The easterly breeze has brought cloud
Pony and Clydesdale.... Incharvie.
in from the North Sea but it is dry..... though dull.  I have yet to go out;  I’m hoping for sunny spells later and, for some obscure reason I can’t understand, I’m in a gardening mood just now:  I hope this isn’t going to be the ‘new normal me’.     I like green and weeds are green.   Sudden ‘flap on’....  I’m feeling hungry.


10.00    When I was having breakfast I came up with a daring plan:  I’d go to ‘The Store’ (in Anstruther) to do a small shopping and have a browse.   This because I am anticipating a brighter afternoon when I might go out on the bike;  or even work in the garden    Anyway I’ve been to The Store where I met Jack and Jean Storeman’s daughter (I forget her name now;   I know.... I should have asked her).... who worked at the Craw’s Nest.   I went at what is the dedicated hour for ... er .... elderly people to do
Pony - (Incharvie).
their shopping, and it was quiet;  definitely the time for me.   I find that going to ‘The Store’ makes me feel that things are mair normal... though they aren’t;  and for us elderly folk won’t be until there’s a vaccine.

I’ve just read on the BBC news page that the Director of the FBI, Christopher Wray, is saying that China is the biggest threat to the USA.    Here’s me thinkin’ that that the biggest threat to the USA (and Planet Earth) is living in the USA.


19.00    The sun broke through about midday so I decided to go out on the bike, not
Clydesdale.
Really planning to go anywhere in particular, but I ended up on Balcarres Estate.... one of my most favourite places.     I didn’t get as far as
Rires because I went out to West Lodge and used up a bit of battery and I wasn’t sure if I had enough to get to Rires then back to Earlsferry ... but I haven’t been out to West Lodge for a few years and fancied seeing the changes.   On the way home I stopped to chat to Sheena  (Kinneuchar) who was busy in the garden.   Shona caught me up on the Ferry Road so we had a cuppa in ‘The Hutte’ and sorted out the planet.

The roads were busy today;  I guess I notice it because for last three months the roads were more like I remember them in the 1950’s.   I like to see the visitors here, they bring the villages to life but, for the past three months we’ve had a glimpse of the
Balcarres House.
world as it could be;  quieter, greener and less polluted:   With birdsong as background music.... not the noise of rubber speeding down Ferry Road, accompanied by the thump thump of somebody’s idea of music.  Yes I’m missing the quiet roads.   When I’m in ‘moan mode’:  the best way to create real jobs for the young folks would be to lower the retirement age!    
The weather forecast isn’t that exciting;  for a start the wind is going to be from the East... so it looks like ‘more of the same’ tomorrow.   I’ll probably stay around Ivy and potter around the garden.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....