Lovely morning ....



6th July 2020 (Monday)     06.00 .... It’s a gorgeous morning;  the sun is not
Busy beach in the afternoon.
yet high in the sky so there’s an early morning chill in the air, which has me thinking of being on guard duty in Aldershot in the summer of 1958 and being on the ‘sunrise shift’;  I can almost smell the Aldershot air.... what a summer that was.   I’ve never been back to Aldershot though I have seen the town (in the distance) from the A3 (I think it was).   Anyway enough of the reminiscing .... we have the beginning a lovely day here, it’s ‘bright and breezy (F5 in Largo Bay), and I have a sheet ready to hang out.


08.00     The bedding is on the line and I’m now having a celebratory cuppa before deciding what to do next:   it’s a good morning for biking so I may do that first then stay around Ivy for the rest of the day.  The air is beginning to get warmer but there is a cool Northwest wind with a few clouds bumbling over but showers aren’t mentioned for today.

'Ship Inn' outside area.
21.30   What crackin’ day we’ve had .... brilliant holiday weather.   I’ve been a busy boy having done some gardening, painting and keeping my eye on the washing just in case a shower did come our way;   but none did.     The spare battery and the remote release both arrived today.     I’ll be able mount the camera on top of either the mono pod or the tripod now.... and won’t have to worry about running out of battery when I’m out.    Now I need a really quiet spell of weather.

I went out on the bike about 13.00.... not something I intend doing again, but I wanted to see how busy the villages were now that the rules have been relaxed.    The plan was to go round Chapel Green, along South Street and up to The Terrace and no further, but, once there I decided to ‘bite the bullet’ and go to the harbour.    It’s good to see things getting back to ‘normal’.... unfortunately the ‘old normal’ in a lot of cases;  that
A quiet corner of Kinneuchar.
was worrying.   Family groups are allowed to be together on the beach or at tables etc and that can give the impression of not social distancing.... so maybe it wasn’t as bad as it looked.   I will only go as far as the harbour first thing in the morning from now on until... probably the end of September.    I’ll be heading north to Kinneuchar, Colinsburgh and Balcarres in any afternoon runs.  
For some unknown reason I’m in a ‘slight gardening mood’ nowadays so, after my morning run out on the bike I’ll’ potter around in the garden.   The weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t bad.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....