Damp ....


3rd July 2020 (Friday)    08.00.... There’s a bit of dampness aboot this
The beach at midday.

morning;   “rain with a moderate breeze” is the forecast and “rain with a moderate breeze” is what we have..... but  a sunny spell, or even two, is mentioned for evening time.    I won’t be pulling any weeds today.    I didn’t pull any weeds yesterday either but that was because I was pla .... busy elsewhere.    I think it is a nice day for reading a book (I’m in the middle of ‘Little Dorrit’) and drinking copious amounts of tea:  there might be a decent ‘oldie’ on Channel 81.... even ‘ousework could be fun today.    Must go ‘slight flap on’;   I went out late yesterday evening to the golf course and have some photographs to play with.   I’ll sort them out when having breakfast.

Earlsferry High Street.
14.30     The rain slackened off just about midday so I had a short walk to the beach with the Olympus (camera):  I don’t have a spare battery for the Canon yet (ordered one this morning... along with a remote release).   There’s nothing worse than running out of battery.    The beach was busy probably because people were taking advantage of the slightly drier spell.   By the time I got back to Ivy the rain was starting to get heavy again.   I’m looking forward to sunny spells this evening.
I’ve just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow and Sunday and it isn’t very good.    Sunday is the going to be the driest of the two days but there’s a yellow warning for gale force winds;  at least the wind should get rid of the water that’s fallen on the previous two days. 


16.00    ‘Our’ two oil platforms, SEDCO 711 and SEDCO 714, are slowly bumbling their way to oblivion in Turkey:  ‘711’ is off the northeast of England and ‘714’ is in
Earlsferry High Street.


the Bay of Biscay.   Yep .... it’s raining again and I’m back on the computer.   I’ve  been trying to upload photos onto FB but they are in the process of trying to fix a problem so the uploading is ‘on hold’.    That’s a bit o’ luck actually as Alan has just brought scones from the ‘Harbour House’ girls so I’m going to have cuppa and scone before I start making dinner (sausages and mash).



22.30    So .... I ate too much and fell asleep after my dinner and missed the ‘sunny spell.    Actually we might get a sunny spell tomorrow.... and I’m going to be on a diet so won’t miss it.   I’ve had a fairly busy day today;  caught up with some paperwork, ordered stuff and paid my Blue Badge fee.... so I’m a happy  bunny tonight.   Well .... not totally happy.... the villages (our wee bubbles) are awfie busy and this is making me apprehensive:  I even saw a mobile home (looking for
Sunset on Berwick Law.
Shell Bay Caravan Park presumably ... in Earlsferry). This is the start of the Edinburgh two weeks which why the villages are busy, ... and will be for the next three months.    It’s good to see ‘kent’ faces back again .... its a sign that things are getting back to some kind of ‘normal’ ... as long as we don’t become complacent.
We had a nice end to the evening and I took advantage of it and had a daunder up to the Pony Field.  We had a colourful sunset (normally a good sign) and the forecast isn’t that bad for the early part of tomorrow so I might get up for the paper on the bike.... and maybe even ‘morning coffee’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....