Bright and breezy .... so is the weather

28th July 2020(Tuesday)   09.00 ....I’ve been ‘roond the villages’....all was quiet,

The Grange - Earlsferry.
on what is a bonnie fresh morning.    Having remembered to stop and get a paper, so I have all the necessary ingredients for breakfast;  cuppa, Weetabix and ‘The Scotsman’.   I might go up towards Kinneuchar after lunch if it isn’t too windy.

17.00    I didn’t go out on the bike in the afternoon.    Why? .... because I decided to stop contemplating doing the sign and actually did a bit of sign writing.   It wasn’t easy because my right hand is bothered with arthritis so I can’t get into a rhythm:  That said, I am surprised at how it looks.   It should be finished tomorrow.

On Thursday I am going to Leven to get my haircut;  my word I am looking forward to that.    I might do a bit of shopping in B n Q’s when in Leven;   but I won’t be going for coffee or anything.

The High Street from the west end.
21.30    It has been a highly satisfactory day for ‘The Boy’;  I don’t know if it’s because I did some sign writing, or it’s because I’m getting my hair cut on Thursday.   Anyway I feel content.   Tomorrow I plan to finish the sign;  I might even take a photo of it.

I had a short walk down to the beach this afternoon then up to the seats outside the ‘Thistle’ Golf Club;   I’m still surprised by how much busier the villages are than they would normally be at this time.   A lot of folk much be holidaying at ‘home’ (i.e. the UK) instead of the Mediterranean countries.   Mind you when you see how rife the virus in the likes of Spain, you can understand why people are holidaying at home .... in spite of some disappointing weather we’ve had in July.    

I noticed a couple of migrating Merganser amongst the raft of Eider sheltering in the lee

Nice afternoon.
of Chapel Green this morning;  I guess it’s that time of year again.   We usually have a large flock of Merganser in August.... up to a 100 some years.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....