Beautiful sky....

25th July 2020 (Saturday)     09.00.....It’s a lovely morning, there isn’t a speck of

Beautiful Morning .... in between the showers.
pollen in the air;  hay fever sufferers can breathe without wheezing, nae watery eyes, coughing  and runny nose:  That said I’d rather suffer a bit of discomfort and have the sunshine .... now and again.  

Being as it was dull and wet I decided to go to ‘The Store’ (Anstruther) to get a few messages, and to give the car a run.    By the time I got back home it was raining heavily .... not holiday weather though it is going to clear up later and I should get the bike out;  if the roads aren’t to busy. 

11.30    We have a bonnie day here ...in between the showers... and I ventured down to the beach:  the sky is always interesting inn the weather conditions we have today.   I wasn’t disappointed .... so I’ll go up to Chapel Green.... once the sunny spells between the showers are longer.   The beach was busy as it always is at weekends;  though the showers will be an annoyance.  

Spot "Rosie".
19.00     I’ve been trying to get to grips with different settings on my camera and went up to Chapel Green to try to sort them out:  the only setting I have yet to be able to work with is the ‘Manual Setting’.    I can get the setting but it’s the focusing bit I need to find out about.    My reading for the evening?..... the SX70 manual.    It was braw up at Chapel Green but there was a brisk breeze so I should have taken the tripod with me.    The bike back to Ivy was slightly tricky.... but I don’t usually go out in the middle of the afternoon.

 21.00    This morning while at the computer sorting out photos I’d taken  on the beach, I heard a knock at the door.  What a lovely surprise I got when I answered it;   Susan. One of my neighbours, had brought me one of my favourite ‘goodies’.... a Barnett’s Syrup Loaf, because she keeps up with what’s going on in the villages via my ‘blog’.   I have been finding the friendliness, and camaraderie, that started with ‘Clap hands for Carers’, has certainly helped me cope with the stress of COVID-19.  There’s always somebody saying a cheery “Hello” when I’m out and about or waving as they pass in the car.    As I have said before;   We live in a beautiful area of

Bumpy sail.
the UK but it’s the folk that really make it ‘The Centre of the Universe’.   “Thank You” Susan, Alistair and all to my friends and neighbours;  you are all lovely.

I was able to Skype ‘M’ in New Zealand tonight so all is back to normal again.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....