Overcast and cool ...


17th July 2020 (Friday)     06.30.... We have a not very interesting grey sky
Elie Bay.
just now ....  but it will become more attention grabbing when the grey starts to break up by mid morning.    There’s no mention of ‘precipitation’ in the forecast for KY9 area, which is a bit of luck as we are going to Myra’s for morning coffee.     There’s is a cool brisk south westerly breeze;  once the sun does break through we should have a nice day.... and it will be warm but not hot like it was yesterday.  


09.00     It is cooler this morning but the sky is beginning to break up and it should be warmer once the sun does break through;  right now it’s cool (for this time of year).   The pollen count has been ‘High’ for the past week or so and is ‘High’ again today.... even though the air feels fresher. 
  
'Ferry Corner'.
The tide is out at this time so I went to the beach;  it can be tricky getting on and off the beach but when I get onto the wet sand and there’s a lot of sand, I can potter about ‘nae bad’.   Tom was going out with his dog;  in fact the beach was  with joggers and dog walkers.... and a couple of swimmers along at the Cockstail rocks.    I like to see the villages ‘alive’, as they are just now:   and it’s good to feel that things are more like they should be, even though we still have to be aware of the virus and think of each other.   I’m orf to have another cuppa before I get the bike out;  I’ll bike up to Myra’s .... it’s easier on the breathing and I can go up to Chapel Green on the way home.


14.30      We had a really enjoyable ‘coffee morning’ at Myra’s....caught up with all the
All is good at Elie and Earlsferry.




news and sorted out the planet in the passing.  Yes we had a successful morning.   After leaving Myra’s I went up to Chapel Green where I met and chatted to Dorothy so I am a contented boy now.   I’d say that I deserve a cuppa and a rest in The Hutte with a Soduko book.   The sky appears to be clouding over again... yes... The Hutte it is.


17.00     The promising looking start to the afternoon we had at midday and we ended up with hardly any ‘sunny spells’, a drop in temperature accompanied by occasional spells of rain.    I couldn’t go out on the bike because the battery had to be charged anyway so I’m not too bothered:  but I will have a fully charged battery for tomorrow.   All I need is a bonnie day.   But that's tomorrow;  I'm still hoping for a bonnie end to today... a balmy evening with  a couple of long sunny spells would be prefect.

Tame Song Thrush.
19.00    My balmy evening has yet to materialize but I’m a happy boy anyway because I did some stuff on the computer, and that has me fired up again so there could be some late night coming up soon.

The bike has a fully charged battery and the forecast for tomorrow isn’t bad so I might get out somewhere;  though it will have to be Balcarres or somewhere quiet because the roads will be busy;  they are always busy at weekends.... especially so if the weather is fine.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....