Fresh morning ....


11th July 2020 (Saturday)    05.00 .... We have a ‘bright and breezy’ start to
Elie Kirk tower.

what is forecast to be a bonnie day.    It was 04.15 when I woke up feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed and rarin’ to go so I had a shower and am now enjoying a cuppa before getting the bike out.   I’m just going to potter my way round the villages, picking up the paper on the way round then spend the remainder of the day around Ivy.   Normally I end up having a catnap in The Hutte about 11.00  (to revitalize my weary limbs), before messing around in the garden. ... I won’t be doing very much because the ‘broon’ bucket is nigh on full and it’s it that takes the garden rubbish. 

10.00    I had a great ‘paper run’ this morning;  went up to Chapel Green then meandered to the ‘paper shop’, down to the harbour, out to the lighthouse and home by way of Elie Estate.   It is  lovely morning but the sky is beginning to cloud over (as per forecast).    I am going to make afresh cuppa then go to the Hutte;  I feel a catnap coming on.

Elie granary.
20.00      It has been a beautiful day and I have enjoyed it;  mostly doing Soduko’s and reading a book.    The colour pencils were delivered today so I did a bit of colouring in.    The new pencils are brighter and perfect for the foreground;  the original pencils are ideal for the background.     Colouring in is very relaxing, though I’m sure there are easier books to start with than the one I have.   It’s finicky so challenging;  I’m enjoying it.
At 18.00 I decided that the roads were quiet enough for me to go out on the bike:   big mistake:    The villages are full of cars, and negotiating Liberty, even on a bike, is tricky.   I won’t be taking the bike out at that time again.    I eventually made it to The Terrace and decided that I’d go home via the estate because it would be quieter.     Morning time.... as in early morning time... is my time for biking.

We have a bonnie evening and the forecast is good for the next couple of days:  it will be a ‘crack of dawn’ start tomorrow again.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....