Co ... er Warmish ....


18th July 2020 (Saturday)    08.00 .... I don’t think I have seen Elie with so
He's going back home today and will miss the beach.
many cars on the streets as there is this morning;  Earlsferry has its usual compliment of cars that are here more or less all summer, but Elie seems  busier.   It is the holiday season right enough and this might be a ‘change over’ weekend.
I’m hoping that sun eventually breaks through the clouds to give us a more realistic summer temperature than the 14C it is at present.   I’ve been for the paper, down to the harbour, and stopped at the Breakwater but everywhere I’ve stopped has been col .... not very warm;  so I came back to Ivy and will go up to Chapel Green later in the morning... once the thermometer has rocketed up to 18C in the blazing sunshine.    Orf to have breakfast .... and a warming cuppa.
Cactus flower.

10.00    I’m in working mode this morning;  having washed the bathroom, kitchen and lobby floors.... now I need to have morning coffee and find a ‘goodie’ then disappear into ‘The Hutte’ for a short rest.    The sun is breaking through;  the temperature has rocketed up to 20C.   I feel a touch of the mauchless coming on.

21.00     My word Ferry Road was busy today, so busy that I never considered going out on the bike in the afternoon;  I’ll leave biking until the morning.   We’ve had a bonnie day but it has been breezy.   I did a spot of painting (a wee sign board) which I hope will be hard enough to write tomorrow.    I use Dulux gloss and it takes a couple of days to harden so it may be Monday before it’s the paint is hard.

Graham and Elizabeth dropped in this afternoon, and caught me in ‘rest mode’ with a cuppa at hand;   they were out for a walk.    Just before they came in I had been thinking about how COVID-19, has, inadvertently, knitted Earlsferry into a community;  it all came together when Felix (our original piper) played for the ‘Clap Hands for Carers’ for the first two weeks;  for the remaining weeks we had two pipers
Perfect morning for messing around on the water.
when Felix was joined by Hamish.  I still feel part of a community.... so the virus has had a surprising side effect.   It all started when a Dutch lassie (living in London) suggested we ‘Clap for Carers’ at 19.00 on a Thursday evening.


Tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day according to the forecasters;  much the same as today though perhaps slightly windier.    If the roads are quiet I might go somewhere on the bike.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....