Bright and breezy....


16th July 2020 (Thursday)    06.30 .... my word, the temperature is forecast
Elie pier.
to rocket up to 21C (69.8 of the other things.... Fahrenheit)  this afternoon;  we’re talking of ‘mauchless’ temperatures now (means I’ll have to seek restful shelter in the Hutte).   Right now we have a brisk breeze with clouds, of the fluffy grey kind, scuttling over from the Northwest.   To take advantage of this lovely day I have a washing going through the machine.....  and I’m going to have another cuppa before going for the paper.   Enjoy ‘today’ .... it could be our short hot summer.  


09.30    I dinnae ken where they (the forecasters) got their figures from re the temperature but I think they got the digits the wrong way round.    It’s cauld on the lugs.... even with long hair:  that said it is a nice morning albeit cool for the time of year.   I’ve been for the paper(s), met Jock who is extremely happy because he is golfing this morning;  we discussed training and entering Honor for the next 5k jog around Elie.   Later on I met Marcia out with the dogs;  we discussed how I should cope with the impending heat wave.
The Toft - Elie.
I need to take stuff up to decontaminate Maggie’s seat.... there’s a big greasy patch on it.   This is the second time it’s happened and I can’t think what causes it.   Anyway I’ll go up there with hot soapy water... .. after I have a cuppa.


14.00    Myra brought a flask of coffee up to Chapel Green and we had morning coffee and a long chat sitting in the warm sunshine (sheltered from the wind) on the newly sanitized seat.   Chapel Green was busy with strollers, dog walkers and joggers;  it was relaxing watching everyone enjoying their holiday (or day out) in ‘The Royal Burgh’ (and Elie). 
 I have the urge to do a Soduko (in the Hutte) so I’ll make a cuppa find something to eat ..... then probably fall asleep. 

16.30    Dearie me;   it was 24C in Ivy garden at 16.00.... no wonder I had an attack of ‘the mauchless’;  even the wind was hot.  I fell asleep so I have had a lazy restful afternoon.    I suppose the place to be would have been in the sea, but I don’t want to expose my lithesome body to those nasty ultra violet rays.   Luckily this searing hot temperature is going to be short lived;  it’s going to be cooler tomorrow.   Now that I am awake I suppose I’d better have something to eat.

19.00    We have a warm evening (20C on the garden thermometer);   in other words
Myra with morning coffee.
we have had a proper summertime day.  It will be disappointing if today has been our ‘summer’ for this year.    I don’t have much planned for tomorrow;  I never have just now.   Once all the Public Toilets are open I should be able to go Kinghorn etc in the car;  but at this time of year everywhere is busy with holiday makers so using the public toilets could be hazardous.   I might have to wait until September before going to Kinghorn.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....