Cold East wind with a grey sky....

27th April 2023 (Thursday)    08.30.... the sky is heavily overcast with light


rain mentioned in the weather forecast for KY9;  though it isn’t raining just now I get the feeling that it isn’t far away.   There’s a moderate wind from the East so a cool, damp day is on the cards.

The Swallows and House Martins back in numbers (I saw my first Swallow on St George’s Day)... but, like us they will be looking for warmer weather.  I think that is forecast to happen.... sometime.   Hopefully soon.

20.00    It hasn’t been the bonniest of days as far as the weather went (grey and damp mostly) but I’ve had a productive... and enjoyable day.   I went to Leven to do some shopping;  you know vital things ..... such as claes pegs.    I now have a wee bucket with 107 claes pegs in it;  I didn’t like the bucket being quarter full.   Now it is three quarters full and I’m much happier.  I can safely say that I won’t need to buy claes pegs for about another 20 years.

At Leven I sussed out where I am going to take photos of the action at the Bawbee Brig;  I did that on my way up to get Alice;  who wanted to go shopping too (and I wanted a cuppa).   No... Alice didn’t want claes pegs.  While having our cuppa,  Alice’s friend Margaret came to asked if I could give her a lift, to a meeting at a hall about half a mile away (St Agatha’s kirk hall).  That mission brought back memories of when I did a job there in 1961.


Anyway we did the shopping (I must take a photograph of my claes peg bucket) and had lunch (at Alice’s) and I was back at Ivy by 13.30.   I put the messages away, had a cuppa, and then spent an hour dozing in front of the tele.

Tomorrow‘s weather is going to be much the same as today’s ....but slightly warmer.... and I am looking for the odd sunny spell.   I have ‘nae plan’ other than ‘work’ on the Kinneuchar project....which, I am pleased to say, is coming along nicely;  and keeping me occupied.... and happy.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....