Breezy ....

11th April 2023 (Tuesday)    07.15.... There’s a brisk breeze (from the West) this


morning bringing a succession of interesting clouds over; it could be a good day for the camera.   The ‘Troops’ are up and runnin’.... I’m ‘up’.    We’re setting off for Leuchars about 10.15 so that we get there in plenty of time.   There’s plenty o’ fresh air around this morning and it is cold.  The wind is forecast to back easterly, and freshen, later in the afternoon:   but not as ‘fresh’ as it’s going to be down south... where there’s a ‘Yellow’ warning for gale force winds.

12.30   Janice and Michael were in loads o’ time for the Aberdeen London train at Leuchars this morning;  in fact I think that I might have been back at Ivy just about the same time that they boarded the train.   I would have stayed to see them off on the train but the camera battery failed;  I’d changed jackets at the last minute before leaving Ivy and didn’t have a spare camera battery in my pocket.   I imagine they are near the Border by now;  and I’m ‘lost’.   Actually I’m doing the washing ‘cos it’s a good drying day.


19.00    I have been a ‘busy boy’ today, having taken advantage of the good drying day and washed the bedding;  and it dried so has also been ironed.   I’m glad its done ‘cos the wind dropped to a light breeze, the sky became overcast and .... it’s now raining.   The wind is forecast to freshen to give us ‘strong winds and heavy rain overnight’.   However it quietens down to ‘light rain showers and a fresh breeze’ tomorrow morning.   Depending on how frequent the ‘light rain showers are’ I might get the towels on the line.  I’m really pleased with today’s effort;  and I don’t feel that tired.    I do wish that I'd remembered to carry another battery in my pocket;  I'd have a few more photos of 'The Troops'.... and of the Aberdeen to London LNER Azuma (sometimes 'Satsuma') train.

 21.45    Michael phoned to say the Janice and him have arrived home (Uckfield).   I’ve been working since I got home;  Ivy is ‘empty’, and I don’t like empty.  When I was out at the bucket a few minutes ago I noticed that the wind has freshened... and, though raining


it isn’t heavy.   The hatches are battened down and the chocolate made;  I’ll have a wee browse o’ the tele Channels then off tae bed.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....