Cold with showers .....

13th April 2023 (Thursday)     08.00.... I was on the point of getting the bike


out when I realised there was a heavy shower passing over;  it looks like today is going to be a drawing day.   The sky was looking promising an hour ago, however showers are forecast and showers we have;  and ....with the wind being from the NE plus the wind chill factor its cold out.   I don’t think I’ll be going far beyond the gate until after lunchtime.

21.00    It has been pleasant... in between the showers;  in fact I went to get the bike out after lunch but had to abort that plan as there was a shower making its way over at the time.   After that the gaps between the showers narrowed and I gave up the biking ‘plan’ for today.  I tidied up the kitchen instead!   


As you know, I’ve been researching the pre 1820 Kinneuchar Kirk; the pre Reformation one that was ‘er... how shall I put it? ....that was ‘altered’ to suit the Presbyterian style of worship.   Luckily I have sketches of the kirk as it was in 1818 (Sime) and I am going to redraw them (I have permission) and from that I should have a good idea of how the original pre formation kirk looked.   We can all see, from the ruins that remain, that it must have been an impressive building.   It saddens me when I wander through the ruins of St Andrews Cathedral, and even the remains of Kinneuchar kirk.   We criticize the Taliban today (and so we should), but 500 years ago our religious zealots were just as bad;  thankfully we have moved on .... but, sadly, bigotry, intolerance still exists all around the world. 

I went for the paper(s) this morrrrning (in the car).... and ended up doing the harbour, Balbuthie, and Kinneuchar run.   It was when I was out that I decided that it felt like a biking day.

I’ve been resting my knee for the past few days and, having bandaged it, I feel that it is


definitely improving:  I managed without Paracetamol today.   A few days ago I made the mistake of going out without my walking stick .... and that is not good.   I’ve had this problem before and rest and bandaging usually do the trick;  I can potter around on the bike for miles because there’s no weight on the knee.   I’m a happy boy tonight;  ‘light rain showers and a gentle breeze’ is the weather forecast for KY9 tomorrow;  the showers coming across in the afternoon.   I should get out early, on the bike, for the paper.... if any overnight rain has moved away.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....