Wintry feel to the air.....

22nd April 2023 (Saturday)     08.00 .... There’s a wintry feel to the wind this



morning; it’s ‘bright, breezy and cauld’.... actually a good morning to be out and about.   Light rain is mentioned in the weather forecast for the afternoon, so now is the time to ‘play’;  actually it is ‘patchy light rain’ that is forecast, so we could miss it. We’re going to have a few cold days this week, with the threat of early morning frost;  just in time to catch the blossom on my apple tree!   It did last year.

21.00    Well....I just can’t believe how busy the road to Leven is nowadays.... in both directions.   However, busy traffic or not, I made it to Methil.  The work at the Bawbee Brig is starting to look a bit more than diversion signs, traffic cones and temporary traffic lights;  the temporary bridge will soon be operational.... and there’s a new roundabout where it junctions with South Street.... that’s the road you take when you exit the West end of the Bawbee Brig to go to East Fife football ground.   The ‘plan’ is to moor up somewhere so that I can get some photos for my records.  When I think about it I remember the present Bawbee Brig being built, David Scott (my father in law) worked on it.  Now where was I?  .... oh aye... the temporary bridge should make the traffic flow from Leven to Methil ‘normal.   For the past six months it has been chaos at times.   And, as for the Iron Brig, one of the alternative routes we’ve been using, it needs to be widened to cope with the wider cars on the roads now;  not just a coat o’ paint.   In fact a coat o’ paint would make it narrower.   It’s interesting wandering though ‘history’... I mean today’s actions are tomorrow’s history.   Or something like that.  

Macduff's cave inlet.
Anyway I spent a restful morning at Alice’s; that began with a scone and cuppa before moving out to the garden to look for ants.   Yes ants!   We saw one.  The nest must be in some other garden.   It was like mini big game hunting ; I fair enjoyed it. 

I was back in Ivy by 14.30:  the washing I’d hung out first thing was well dry and I was ready for ‘50’.  A quick cuppa out to The Hutte and that was me for 40 minutes.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....