Bitterly cold NE wind ....

21st April 2023 Friday   07.30 .... There’s a bitterly cold, raw feeling wind


from the NE this morning;  definitely a winter jacket morning.   This ‘boy’ won’t be venturing further than the car ...to go for the paper.   This is a pottering about in The Hutte day I’m thinkin’....which is good because that is what I was going to do anyway!    ‘Sunny with a fresh breeze’ is the forecast, the temperature 11C.  I need another cuppa.

21.45    I went for the paper;  and, feeling brave(ish) I visited the harbour to take a few photos from my sheltered corners..... so I didn’t feel that cold.   I came home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar;  and never went outside the gate after that.    Ferry Road is always cold on an East wind;  and the Hutte is always cosy!  


I made good progress with the Kinneuchar stuff today;  mind you I have half a dozen drawings to do.... today I finished the first one and set up the drawing board for the next one.   With the wind being from the East... and fresh, there’s no way I can go out on the bike so I’ll just keep on ‘working’.    It will be a while before all this is made into a ‘page’ for the blog;  but at least I now know just exactly what is what up at Kinneuchar and can get it down on paper.    I’m a ‘happy boy’ ... or will be, once I get this done.   The remains of the ‘old kirk’ have always fascinated me; at long last I can visualize the ‘old kirk’ (pre Reformation) and what was done to it to convert it to a Presbyterian type kirk, thanks to Rev Sime (might be a relation o’ Maggie’s by the way) who sketched the converted kirk in1818.   I get excited by all this.... but I’m forgetting that you might find it .... welll... boring.   Sorry aboot that.

I’ve had an ‘under the weather’ kind o’ day;  I’m blaming the weather and the after


effects o’ the booster I had last week.  The booster jabs have all had some mild effects that can last a couple o’ weeks.  The longest lasting effect of all the COVID jabs is the inability to do an Extreme level Sudoku for a few weeks.

‘Strong winds and rain’ is the forecast or tomorrow; the morning should be sunny, with rain coming over after lunch.   By ‘rain’ I’m hoping they mean showers.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....