Bonnie mornin'....

15th April 2023 (Saturday)   08.00 .... Fantastic morning for going out to


‘play’;  wall to wall blue sky with only a light breeze.   I imagine this should bring  paddle board ‘walkers’ out on the bay.... that's a relaxing looking way to potter around in the water.   I'm feeling 'bright eyed and bushy tailed' after an unbroken nights sleep: I’d go out on the bike but the villages are busy.... and I have ousework to do.   Must go ‘slight flap on’ ....I haven’t had a cuppa yet.  

20.45    It has been a beautiful day... and, in spite of there being a cool easterly breeze off the sea, I enjoyed my ‘today’.    As per plan I met Alice off the bus at Elie and then went straight to Anstruther hoping to get my COVID booster over and done with.   Well.... this has been the most enjoyable ‘jab’ I have ever had.   We were welcomed with open arms and happy smiling faces when we arrived at the venue (The East Neuk Centre, Ladywalk, Anstruther) at 11.00:  I told the lassie at the desk that my designated time was 15.39 would it be OK to be taken early.   “No problem” was the answer and I was clocked in.   The lassie then turned to Alice and asked what her appointed time was;  Alice replied “Oh I’m not due for another few days and that’s at the Randolph Wemyss”    “Would you like to be done now” asked the lassie, and Alice replied “if that’s no problem .... yes, I’d be happy to have my jab today”.   Alice was booked ‘in’ and we


went into the Main Hall where it was all happening.   I could see the Nurses eyes light up with joy when we wandered in.   Five minutes later we were done and dusted and waiting the mandatory 15 minutes before I could drive.    George (Gordon) was there so we chatted for the allotted time then went to the harbour car park to get a few photos on what was a really nice day;  there was nae wind so it was warm in the sun.   We were back at Ivy before midday having a cuppa and one of Alice’s homemade, melt in the mouth, Empire Biscuits.   (We might have lost the Empire but we still have the biscuits).   That was shortly followed by a bowl of soup.... after which we adjourned to The Hutte to have afternoon coffee and a chat.   We did think of going to the beach but the cool breeze off the water did not agree with my asthma so we had another cuppa before I took Alice to Elie to catch the X60 bus to Leven.

 Alice’s company, the ‘jab’ experience and the weather made this one enjoyable day.  I


have no side effects from the ‘jab’.... not even a sore arm, so far; mind you it’s usually the next day before I feel tired and have a headache.

Nae plan for tomorrow other than go for the paper and have a quiet ‘rest day’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....