Chilly North wind ....

25th April 2023 (Tuesday)    08.15 .... My word.... there’s a chilly north wind;


 definitely a stay inside ‘The Hutte’ day.... and very little chance of going out on the bike.   But, who knows I might feel brave, once the temperature rises... and the wind drops as it will do later in the afternoon;  however, it’s going to be a ‘work in the Hutte’ day mostly.

20.30    I must have felt ‘brave’ ‘cos I got the bike out and went up to Chapel Green:  the wind had moderated considerably by the time I did that, so it didn’t feel that cold.... and I was well wrapped up.   I stopped at Jim’s seat because it is sheltered from a north wind.   It was warm sitting the sun but the clouds were a nuisance:  however they made the sky interesting.   I then went round and stopped at Maggie’s seat .... and promptly  thought of the ‘ousework.   (I might be doing ‘ousework tomorrow).


I had a late lunch then went out to The Hutte.   The boys were busy next door;  I relaxed watching;  it’s very relaxing watching workmen working.... but I didn’t fall asleep.   By now I was in the mood to do some ‘work’ on the Kinneuchar Kirk drawings.  So far I have done two of, probably nine or ten, drawings;  based on the Rev Sime’s originals of 1818 (Historic Environment Scotland Archive).   It’s very interesting... and I begin to feel that I am there with the Rev Sime... and it’s 1818.   We're wearing funny togs!


21.30   The bike battery has been emptied and is now fully charged ready for a longer run.  I don’t know when, nor where I will go;  probably the Colinsburgh direction.   That won’t be for a few days;  I’d like the weather to settle down into a warm spell;  I’m looking for a warm summer to shake off, what feels, to me, to have been a long, damp and cold winter.

I’ve had a fairly active day.... and I haven’t slept as much as I have been doing


recently.    Nae ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  the weather is supposed to be much the same as today’s....a bonnie day but chilly in the breeze.   


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....