Overcast and cool ....

18th April 2023 (Tuesday)    08.00 .... The sky is heavily overcast this morning


(as per weather forecast) and there’s a cool, light breeze off the water; however ‘sunny intervals’ are also forecast by lunch time.   I’m feeling one degree under (side effect of the jab) so this will be a drawing day.   However, (and because I want to flatten the battery), I might have a short run on the bike when the air warms up.


18.30  I have had a restful but productive day:  in the morning I took some glass stuff to the Woodhaven re-cycling Depot, then did a wee bit o’ ousework, before  morning coffee time.   After ‘MC’ I went up to Kinneuchar kirk to check some measurements before drawing a ground plan of the pre Reformation kirk. I have the Rev Sime’s drawings from the then parish kirk of 1818; the remodelled Pre Reformation one, but I have to work out which parts of the ‘old kirk’ were removed in the remodelling.... and what new bits were added.   All that remains of the ‘old kirk’ are the arches on the North side of the nave and the North aisle.   The North aisle has been divided into family burial plots.  Between research and the Rev Sime’s drawings I have finally come up with a ground plan of the pre Reformation kirk.  Strangely the ‘Jock of Buchlyvie’  grave slab turned out to be an important marker. 


Anyway I’m happy after today’s ‘work.  I suspect that tomorrow will be ‘more of the same’;  I hope to start drawing the 1818 Parish Kirk, from the Rev Sime’s original drawings held in the Historic Environment Scotland archive.   I have permission, from HES, to do this.

21.00   The warmest place in the UK (21C) was in the Northwest of Scotland;  that’s about as far away as you can get from the onshore breeze at Elie and Earlsferry.   The forecast for the next few days is more of the same..... sunny with an onshore breeze.   I’ll be doing ‘more of the same’ too;  drawing and staying out of the cool breeze.   When I think about it we could end up with haar.... like we did at the end of


this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....