Damp ....

1st April 2023 (Saturday)     08.45 .... Hmmmm..... we have a dull and wet


start to April....and that is not an April Fool’s day joke: ‘Drizzle with a moderate breeze off the North Sea’ is the forecast .... and drizzle with a moderate breeze off the North Sea we have.   It is not a pretty start to the month;  and it’s not just the weather....the mirror didnae look that bonnie either. But “hey ho,”... I’m looking forward to sunny spells and April showers later;  starting today.  Must go...’slight flaparoonie on’;  I need an ‘early morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee’.  

13.00    My word it’s cauld oot today;  ‘the boy’ (that’s me) won’t be going anywhere  far from the kettle today.  So far I have done some (long overdue) catching up with Les and Ian in OZ.   It’s a perfect day for doing computer stuff;  and even ‘ousework!    After another visit to the kettle I will contemplate ‘ousework and the benefits derived from doing some.   The ‘Slight Flaparoonie State’ remains active.


20.00    After a lengt... er ... brief period of contemplation I ironed two big sheets and a downie cover:  I am not keen on ironing big items but I feel guilty (when I visit Maggie’s seat) if I don’t: so big things get a perfunctory ironing, to ease my conscience mostly.   My whole day has been spent inside Ivy... apart from a few short visits to see what was happening, out in the cold damp world at the front gate.   Scott and Alistair were working, at Balvonie; Andy and Chris going to the golf course.... and folk out walking.   I have never like winds from the East direction... especially damp ones like we had today.   Nothing good ever came from the East;  except the F3 breeze that blew Rum Rig, with Jimmy and me aboard, home from the May one afternoon after a day on the Firth. 

22.00    We can look forward to ....15 seconds pause.... ‘sunny intervals with a gentle


breeze tomorrow’:  I might go further than the front gate.  I have a ‘plan of action’ in place for tomorrow, but there’s a good chance that the ‘Flaparoonie State’ might be raised to Yellow!  The main effort will be getting the downie intae the cover... that usually involves a bit o’ crawlin’ aboot inside the cover.  However I am going to use claes pegs so that I know where the downie corners;  that should eliminate the need to crawl intae the cover.  It’s chocolate time.

Today's photographs were not taken today!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....