Warm and damp .....

30th April 2023 (Sunday)    09.00.... There’s been some rain overnight, and

Apple blossom time.

light rain is mentioned in the weather forecast for KY9 today, but at the moment its warm and muggy;  I’m looking for sunny spells in the afternoon.... with the chance of light precipitation.   With only a light breeze (E) there’s nae wind chill to bother about;   it’s a quiet and peaceful morning.  The villages could be busy with ‘Scarecrow Seekers’.

21.00    I bumbled along to Alice’s, by way of the Bargain Store (Leven) where I had a small bit o’ retail therapy.   (Retail Therapy?.... shopping is anything but that nowadays).  There was a lot o’ water on the roads so, after I finished shopping, I went to Methil via Windygates ....to avoid the deep puddle that fills the dip (to a depth of 12 inches or so) at the South end of the ‘Iron Brig’.   I arrived at Alice’s in time for a morrrrrning cuppa.   We then spent the morning having a good, old fashioned blether.... before having a bowl o’ soup and a sweet (a nae calories apple tart with ice cream) for lunch;  the diet begins tomorrow.  I was back at Ivy around about 14.00....  and ready for a catnap.


It has been a wet afternoon... but not cold.   In fact the evening time has turned out to be the best bit o’ the day.  That could mean a bonnie day tomorrow; or, at least a bonnier one.   ‘Light rain and a moderate breeze is the forecast’... and I’m expecting sunny spells in the morning.

This has been an enjoyable and restful day;   tomorrow will be another of the same.... unless I feel brave and decided to go out on the bike.    No, when I thing about it, the roads will be too busy, as tomorrow is a Bank Holiday..   I’ll ‘lie low’ and have a quiet day with the pencils and pens.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....