Cool breeze off the water ....

9th April 2023 (Sunday)   08.30.... I began my Easter Sunday by sleeping


‘in'.....at the end of an unbroken night’s sleep.  The intention is to have a ‘rest day’;  the last two planned ‘rest days’ ended up full of enjoyable surprises.     We have a bonnie, and bright, start to Easter Sunday but there is a cool breeze off the North Sea.... and haar could blow in later.   I might go for the paper after this update....before the streets are busy.... and another cuppa.  



19.30    The street was busy when I went for the paper so I came home by way of the Elie Estate: when I was doing this Janice and Michael were at ‘The Store’ in Anstruther.   We all arrived back at Ivy about the same time.  Because the streets were busy I didn’t go down to the harbour, but the beach was busy for that time of day;  the tide was out so there was a big beach;  and Darren (Peattie) was going out to gather seaweed (they use a quad bike).


Emily, John and ‘JB’ arrived about 11.00;  after a cuppa John repaired a rotten bit of wood on The Hutte.   (I painted the outside of the repaired bit later in the afternoon to prevent water ingress).   Meanwhile Janice was busy preparing lunch.... a buffet style, with hot dogs, bacon rolls etc.... which we all enjoyed, leaving a batch o’ empty plates for me to wash.... i.e. put into the dishwasher.   Emily, John and ‘JB’ then set off for John’s Cumbria, where they will stay the night with John’s parent before travelling onward to Somerset tomorrow.   It has been a very enjoyable and busy Easter/ birthday celebration; full of surprises with family coming from all directions; a memorable birthday for both Michael and me.   Well done Janice, you’re a gem... and ‘Thank You’ for everything. 

22.30    I’ve been watching ‘The Masters’ (Augusta) on Sky Go, but it disnae finish for another couple of hours so I’ll get the final result tomorrow morning    Mickelson (-8) and Speith (-7) have just finished.  A lot could happen before the last man putts out.

Tomorrow is going to be a ‘rest day’.... well maybe.   Michael and Janice are going to St


Andrews.... I might do some drawing.   The weather forecast is a bit ‘iffy’.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....