Nice morning but cold ....

26th April 2023 (Wednesday)   08.00....it’s a quiet morning with only a light


breeze.... and there’s an interesting sky.... but it is cold.  There’s a chilly feel to the air.  If it wasn’t for that chilly air I’d loup onto the bike and go through Elie Estate; instead I’ll take the car to go for the paper.  I’m vertical, but this cold weather is crampin’ my outdoor activities; however, I am in a drawing mood and will have a day with pencils and pens; I feel lively so could get a lot of ‘work’ done.

20.00    This late cold spell is taking too slow moving:  out in Spain they are expecting temperatures up to 40C this week.  Ye Gods.... that would be much worse than being cool, like we are here!    I’m lovin’ this weather!

I’ve had a busy, and relaxing and very satisfying day with my pencils; I’ve always enjoyed drawing and the ruin at Kinneuchar kirk has always interested me.  Now I can  visualize what the pre- Reformation kirk looked like.   And doing all this is challenging.... keeping inside... and warm in the Hutte.  It was too cold to go out on the bike this afternoon and the forecast for the next few days isn’t ‘iggzactly’ encouraging as far as biking goes.


The boys have been busy again at Earls Lodge.   They are building a retaining wall and every individual block they put in place is levelled meticulously;  it’s brilliant watching good tradesmen at work.   I’m not watching them all the time, because I’ve been working too....and I like to think I have been meticulous too.   I’ll take a photo tomorrow to let you see that I’m doing.    There’s a lot to do before I put it up on the ‘Hutte’.

What?  ‘Patchy light rain and hill snow’!   That’s the forecast for tomorrow.   The hill snow will be on the Grampians and we’ll get the cold wind.... and maybe the patchy light rain.  Having said all that; there could be some bonnie clouds.... so bring on the patchy stuff.  The camera can cope wi’ that.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....