Damp after overnight rain....

10th April 2023 (Monday)    08.00 .... We’ve had some light rain overnight, but



that is moving away and it looks like we could have a bonnie, slightly breezy, end to the holiday, once the rain clouds disappear.    With a bit of luck it could be a good ‘drying day’ by mid morrrrrrning .... and should be a good day for Janice and Michael going to St Andrews.   I am contemplating this being a “pottering around Ivy kind o’ rest day”.




14.00    We ended up with a ‘good drying day’ so all the towels have been through the machine.... and are almost dry.   I see shower clouds bumbling along the ‘sooth side’ but so far we’ve been lucky.   I have also been busy in ‘The Hutte’;  the repair that John did yesterday has had a priming coat o’ paint.    My next mission (after a cuppa) is to make ‘macaroni cheese’.   Orf to put the kettle ‘on’.

21.30    The ‘Troops’ arrived home, from St Andrews this afternoon, carrying a Fisher and Donaldson box.... and it wasn’t an empty box;  so we had a Fudge Doughnut and a cuppa.   Although busy, St Andrews wasn’t as busy as they’d expected.... but it was warm.   Luckily they had no problem in getting into a Cafe for a break. 


The towel washing dried perfectly;  it was a brilliant ‘drying day’ with no showers coming our way at all.   I saw some bonnie clouds around but never went out on the bike (the streets were too busy for me).... and didn’t take a single photograph.  

The macaroni cheese I made turned out fine.... and, after we had our dinner, I had three single meals for the freezer.   Although I haven’t been further than the front gate I have been active, more or less all day.  

Michael and Janice are going home tomorrow;  leaving Leuchars on the 11.20 Aberdeen to London train.   I’ll have some photographs of Leuchars Station to ‘play’ with tomorrow evening.    It has been really good seeing everyone again, and livened up Ivy Cottage, but I my breathing has been ‘iffy’ most of the time, and I tired easily.  I blame the weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....