Sunny ... and colder

 

20th April 2023 (Thursday)    09.00 .... We have another ‘wall to wall’ bloo

Anstruther.

sky.... but the NE breeze is fresher than t was yesterday so it’s cold out in the wind.   It’s a bonnie morning but I won’t be out on the bike.... unless the wind moderates later in the afternoon.   It’s a working day..... I’m taking advantage of the drying wind and doing a woollen wash; and most of my day will be spent in working The Hutte.   I notice a few clouds starting to bumble over... adding some interest to the wall to wall blue sky; or could it be haar moving in?

17.00   It was 17C in Ivy garden this afternoon....welll sheltered from the fresh Easterly wind (F3-4).   I went to ‘The Store (Ainster) to do some shopping;  my word the prices are noticeably rocketing upwards.   My check out came to £56 ....and that was without any ‘goodies’.   Unfortunately food is a necessity.... but  I spend carefully;  nae browsing.   I bought ingredients for batch cooking freezer meals hence the cost.

Roadworks at the Waid Academy roundabout/cemetery gates means there’s a hold up getting in to the Store car park.... and out... due to the four way temporary traffic lights.   I came home by the ‘back road’ for a change of scene.   That reminds me I saw strange pigs in a field near Arncroach....I’ll try to find a parking spot to get a few photographs.


20.00    I ran into haar when I was at ‘The Store and could see that it was thicker towards Crail;  luckily the haar never came in as far as here.... but the cool wind did.  It was not a day for me biking... but I was tempted a few times in the afternoon;  until I went to the front gate.  I decided to make a fresh mug o’ tea and continue ‘working’ in The Hutte.

21.45    Ye Gods..... it’s cauld oot tonight:  I’ve been puttin’ the bucket (broon bin) out and it feels like winter is back with us.   I don’t think I’ll be far from The Hutte tomorrow!

Today I took three photographs;  two of the roadworks at The Store (Ainster)... and one


of a lady being interviewed about the new Levenmouth railway, for tonight’s STV News.   The lady?.... yep it’s Alice, who had been visiting her friend, in the Care Home.  

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....