Overcast and cool .....

29th April 2023 (Saturday)     08.00.... the Fife Weather Cams are all ‘grey sky’


just now, and if there was one in Elie and Earlsferry it would be showing a grey sky too;   we have an overcast, damp and cool morning.... not a bad day for doing the ‘Scarecrows’;   it’s not too warm for wandering around the villages.   Although there’s a breeze (F3-4 NE), it’s not a good morning for me being ‘out and about’ on the bike so I’ll be pottering around Ivy most of the day.   I might have a wander to the beach .... when (or if) the temperature rockets up to 9C.   It’s 5C (but feels colder in the wind) just now.

11.30    I decided to venture down to the beach to get a touch of fresh air and have  the cobwebs blown off; I can tell you it is not warm out... in fact it’s bitterly cold when exposed to the wind.   Having said that, the cold hasn’t deterred folk from coming to have wander round, admiring the ‘scarecrows’.   And there’s much to admire.   It’s too cold for the bike just now, but it might warm up later in the afternoon;  though I very much doubt it.   I met Kirsty at the ‘paper shop’, and she is one happy girl because her new kitchen is finished.  I’d better browse the photos I got at the beach this morning. 


20.00    I’ve been a bundle o’ action today;  and not ‘playing’... but ‘working’ (drawing) and batch cooking Cottage Peh’s in the afternoon.   I felt like going out on the bike but going out in that cold wind would have been silly (for me).    That said I saw plenty folk going up and down Ferry Road looking for scarecrows.   And (this was a surprise) I saw Traffic Wardens (two) at 08.30 this morning on Ferry Road.   I was in the kitchen making a cuppa when I saw them passing the window.    This is early in the season for traffic wardens.  

The villages have been busy today... and will be tomorrow:  I hope the weather stays fair for the ‘Scarecrow Seekers’... and warmer that it was today.   Ye Gods.... I’ve had a look at the forecast for tomorrow and we’re to have ‘Thundery showers and a moderate breeze’;  I don’t mind showers as long as they are somewhere else; I won’t get wet photographing (distant clouds), from Elie and Earlsferry.

I’ve had an enjoyable day today:  I’m getting the hang o’ having to adapt my lifestyle to


suit different weather conditions.... and I have plenty ongoing ‘projects’ to suit all kinds o’ weather;  I’m a happy boy.  And summer is coming in (the Traffic Wardens are back – a sure sign that summer is on its way) when I’ll get out on the bike in the warm days o’ summer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....