Windy ....

21st December 2022 (Wednesday)    The winter solstice  (shortest day).

07.30 .... there’s a brisk wind just now which is forecast to freshen (to F6 – 7) over the


morning, then moderate after lunch;  it could be a good drying day so I have sheets going through the machine.   If it’s too windy today I’ll hang them out tomorrow:  tomorrow could be a better ‘drying day’.   Funnily enough the air isn’t that cold though there is wind chill to cope with.

10.30   Welll... I’m vertical... and I’ve been to the harbour (in the car) to catch the sunrise, but I’m feeling sluggish: Probably ‘cos I was ‘up’ early to put a washing ‘on’.   The wind is at F5 or so just now so it is cold when exposed to the wind.   I have much to do today and I’m not in the mood for ‘working’..... so I’ll start by putting the kettle ‘on’ for morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee.  That might get me into gear.


18.30    I eventually got going, though never very fast.... I haven’t been firing on all cylinders.    The sheets I hung out dried.... and have been ironed so that is a big job done;  I’ll make up the bed tomorrow.   My breathing has been iffy today  so I never went to the beach;  but it has been a bonnie day albeit windy... and slightly cooler.

I went up to Arncroach to deliver Brian and Moira’s Christmas cards, and get advice from my Artistic Advisor (Morven).   All is good on the ‘artistic’ front again re a colouring book I got from the good old US of A.  

22.30    I watched ‘Cruising the Danube with Susan Calman’ on Channel 5 this evening;  oh the memories that unearthed from some corner of the brain!   Maggie and I visited Passau and Saltsburg, two of the places that Susan wandered round on tonight’s cruise.   I was amazed with both cities but one thing always comes to the fore with Passau;  no not the cathedral and the huge organ;  for some silly reason it is the ‘fake’ windows;  painted, I assume, to make buildings look ‘grander’.   I didn’t fall asleep.

We can look forward to ‘sunny intervals and a gentle breeze tomorrow.... if I’m feeling


brighter and it isn’t too cold (cold air triggers asthma), I might go to the beach for sunrise.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....