Frosty (-4C).....

12th December 2022 (Monday)    08.00.... there’s a thick layer o’ rime on


the car so it won’t be going anywhere until the sun gets going.   “Sunny intervals and light winds” is the forecast with the temperature staying around freezing (in the shade) all day:  at the moment the garden thermometer is reading -4C. 

10.00    Although it’s frosty it’s not that cold (when wrapped up) ‘cos there’s no wind ... so no wind chill:  That being so, I had a wander down to the beach to catch the sunrise.... which wisnae spectacular; but it was bonnie, and very peaceful down there.   The plan for 'today' is to write some more Christmas cards (the ones for posting);  and hope the SSAFA cards that I ordered, and were despatched last Wednesday, turn up soon.   Must ‘go’... slight ‘flap on’;  I forgot to switch the kettle ‘on’.

I suppose I must scrape the car windscreen and try to get into it;   the doors will be frozen.   Hard frost is a problem on Ferry Road; the sun is only on it (Ferry Road) for a short while after sunrise.

 


18.30    The SSAFA Christmas cards have arrived;  now I can get down to some serious card writing.   I did make a start on the cards today but with it being a bonnie day I took advantage of the sunshine, wrapped myself up, and went up to the golf course in the middle 0f the afternoon.   It was quite warm in the sunshine as long as you were out of the light breeze.    Mind you, I think the temperature was always below freezing in the shade.   I met Irene, who had been out for an afternoon walk. ... and caught up with all her ‘news’.   We were watching the sunset from the seat at the 17th green, but it sort of petered out behind low clouds. 
 
This spell of cold weather is supposed to be with us for another couple of days.... and even then it isn’t going to be much warmer.   The main problem is watching for ice on the pavements and roads;  and scraping the car windscreens.    Actually after I’d eventually

cleared the windscreen I took the car up to Colinsburgh for fuel.   I noticed that the gritter had been down Ferry Road, but I’m always wary about ‘black ice’ on the shady spots of the roads.... even after the gritter has been round.


22.00     I expect I’ll have to scrape the car windscreen tomorrow morning... I might take a run into Leven if the weather is as it was today.   As long as there’s not too much snow up at Largoward.

Finally I’ll leave you with this thought, that just bumbled through my mind:  if a Member of Parliament is worth £84,144 per year + expenses and perks (April 2022 figure)... what is a Nurse worth?

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....