Warm windy and wet ....

19th December2020 (Monday)    08.15 .... It’s a pity that it’s windy and


wet.... because it is warm;  much warmer that it’s been latterly.   Setting up the slow cooker (crock pot) to make batch o’ Scotch Broth is my first mission for today;  then I’ll go to Elie to hand in my prescription and deliver the Christmas cards.   I’d go out on the bike if it wasn’t raining.... that’s how warm it is.... but it is raining so it will ‘ave to be the car.  Right now I’m going to do the crock pot.... then have breakfast.

09.30    The crock pot is ‘on’ so I will have batch of soup for the freezer tonight:  I’ve had breakfast and will now have an early morrrrrning coffee before  venturing out.   The sky is threatening to brighten up and the rain has stopped for the time being..... and... I am thinking 'bike'.   I’ll see what the sky looks like after coffee.

19.00    Though it’s raining heavily now, we’ve had a reasonable day for doing things.   I delivered the Christmas cards and handed in my prescription, and the crock pot has a load of soup ready to go into containers.   Containers?.... I discovered that I had three single portion containers so had to go to Leven (the ‘Cheap Shop’ is the only place I know that sells the type I like) to get more.   It turned out that they only had double portion ones so I bought a dozen.   Being in Leven I went up to Alice’s for a chat, a bowl o’ soup and a cuppa.   This will be Alice’s first Christmas and New Year without George;  not an easy one.   Duncan (Alice's grandson), his wife (her name alludes me at the moment) and toddler are coming back home from Canada for the holiday so that will cheer Alice up a bit.


21.00   The soup has been transferred into the containers for freezing .... and the washing up done;  now I will enjoy a cuppa an look for something to watch on the tele.   I’ve had a busy day;  tomorrow might be a rest day as I might have a parcel delivery arriving.   The item is at Perth Royal Mail Depot.   The postal strikes will be causing delays in delivery.  I have loads to do around Ivy but I’d like to have some idea of the delivery time;  Michael will phone when he finds out when the parcel is ‘out for delivery’.   ‘The Team’ are going to Myra’s for lunch tomorrow so I don’t want the parcel arriving then.

‘The sky is clearing and our forecast for tomorrow is.... 25.5 second pause ...is.... ‘sunny


intervals with a brisk breeze’, and a low chance of precipitation.   I might do a washing!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....