Warm ...(ish)....

15th December 2022 (Thursday)      07.45 .... The garden thermometer is


around -1C so the air feels almost warm this morning;   there is a breeze and that means wind chill but nothing like it was yesterday.... and.. the car windscreen was easy to scrape.    In fact it’s so warm might even go to the beach;  once the sun is up.    The main ‘plan’ for today is to finish writing the Christmas cards..... and catch up with the ‘ousework.

16.30    Most of my Christmas cards have been written, so I should get out (in the car) to begin delivering them ‘ra morra’.   It has been a beautiful day thought the air turned colder by morning coffee time:  however, by mid afternoon I felt in need of some exercise bumbled down to the beach.   I was heavily wrapped up, but there was hardly any wind so it wasn’t too cold.   (It wasn’t ‘iggzactly’ warm either!)   The beach was busy with folks out enjoying the late afternoon sunshine.   Although I was wrapped up I was glad to get back into Ivy:  I should know on the 2nd January just how much staying warm has cost me in this cold spell.   At the moment there’s £826 in the ‘kitty’.   


21.00    I’ve had a reasonably busy day;  and I’m happy that the cards have been almost done.   There’s still the delivering to do but I’ll get that done over the next couple o’ days.    I’ve just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow and  we’re supposed to have light snow showers;  I’m not that keen on the showers but the clouds can, quite often, be interesting.    I suppose the weather will dictate what I’ll be doing tomorrow!   There’s warmer weather coming in off the Atlantic , and it is bringing snow showers at first on Sunday then rain.   I’m not that keen on the rain but the warmer air will be welcome.   If the weather is ‘naughty’ tomorrow I’ll do the ‘ousework that I meant to do today.

Normally this would be chocolate time but, being that I forgot to get chocolate when I


was at ‘The Store’ the other day, I’ll have to make do with tea.   The annoying thing is that ‘chocolate’ was at the top of my list:  that was the mistake because the chocolate is not in the first few aisles.   Nevertheless I am a happy boy tonight;  I don’t know why, but I am.   I wonder?.....could I make a chocolate drink out of a few bits of a Galaxy chocolate bar?   I’m about to find out.


21.30    I had a change o’ plan;   made a cup o’ tea and had two milk chocolate digestives with it.  Oh ... and two bits o' Galaxy chocolate.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....