Quiet morning ...

31st December 2022 (Saturday)     09.30 .... for the first time in about  four


weeks I feel that I could actually go out on the bike, as opposed to wanting to go out on the bike;  and I feel like working on my ongoing projects.   I'm vertical and feeling 'almost bright eyed and bushy tailed'.   The weather is quiet;  the sky is overcast and there’s  a light breeze...but it’s only 1C on the garden thermometer.... so I’m having an early ‘morning coffee’, and contemplating.  “Light rain and a gentle breeze” is the forecast for KY9.

15.45     I enjoyed a bike run ‘roond the villages’ including stopping at the ‘Paper Shop’ to get the paper.   Although I have been on the bike quite a lot since April (when I had COVID) I felt that this turn on the bike, was the first time I felt normal;  i.e. ‘pre COVID ‘me’.   I really am beginning to think that I have shaken off the lingering effect(s) of COVID: however I seem to be mildly susceptible to the ‘winter viruses’ that are doing the rounds:  hopefully that's the last of the 'lingering effects.   This hasn’t been the bonniest day to be out and about but I enjoyed the run.   The villages are busy ....including the beaches.  The East Neuk has always been a popular holiday destination but has become even more popular  since COVID.   Loads o’ folk to talk too;  luvin’ it.

22.30    It has been a grey old day, but at least the daylight bit was mostly dry; it’s raining now, and is going to be a wet night.   That will dampen the Hogmanay festivities.    I’m tired but content after an enjoyable day.... and have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow.   If the weather forecast is right we’ll waken up to a damp morning.


The TV programmes have not been appealed to me today;  apart from the renovation of Big Ben late, and Channel 7 (BBC Alba).     I see that Edith (Bowman) is hosting the BBC Scotland ‘Hogmanay’ programme....  though suspect I’ll be well asleep by then.   Hogmanay isn’t anything like it used to be.

I think it’s time I tried the hot chocolate that I got for Christmas from Emily and John.   I’d better read the ‘rools’ first!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....