Not a good hair day ....

1st December 2022 (Thursday)   08.00..... Hmmmmmmm.... it is definitely

Bawbee Brig temporary traffic lights.

not a good hair day;  at the moment the weather is ‘overcast with light rain’.... in one word ‘bleak’.  ‘Blob’ has been fed,  and I ventured as far as the gate, but won’t be going to the beach;  not until later in the afternoon, by which time the weather should be better;  i.e. not raining.   Although I feel frisky I will not be going out to play;  and the Fife weather cams are all ‘grey’, so not a day to be travelling.

21.15   Mmmmmm.... not  a day to go travelling;  so I went to Leven to ‘annoy’ Alice.   I’d been cleaning out the computer and fancied a piece of carrot cake and a blether.   I knew that Alice had carrot cake in the fridge....and  I’d take the blethering with me!   The weather was wet all the way ... in fact very wet  from Balniel to almost Upper Largo where we (there was stream of 5 or six of us behind a lorry) were in low cloud.   From Upper Largo I though it was wet but at least we were out of the clouds.   But.... what was happening at the Upper Largo Hotel corner?.... a set of temporary traffic lights were being installed;  but not yet operating so we got through ‘nae bother’.   We bumbled along until we got to the corner where the Lundin links hotel used to be, to find, another set of temporary traffic lights.... and they were operating.   Thankfully, apart from the weather the diversion route via Largo ward was clear;  it was only after the ‘Diversion End’ sign in Upper Largo that we had problems.   It never rains but it pours!   Anyway I finally arrived at Alice’s and enjoyed  carrot cake er... Alice’s company, the carrot cake and a blether.  I was a happy boy.  

Lundin Links.

On the way home I hoped to get photos of the temporary traffic lights:  I got the ones at Lundin Links but the Upper Largo ones were at ‘Green’.... I was so upset at not getting them! 

Back at Ivy I fired up the computer (and the kettle) and finished off the ‘cleaning out’.   Although the weather has been damp I’ve had an enjoyable day... and a busy one.    Tomorrow will be a rest day.   ‘Thick cloud and a gentle breeze... with the chance of precipitation’ is our weather for tomorrow.... I don’t think I’ll be out on the bike.

Tomorrow I will find out the cost of the electricity and gas I have used since the  2nd November.   I send in the two reading and they tell me how much money is left in the ‘kitty’:  I had £829 on the 2nd November... and pay in £214 per month.   It will be interesting to know how much I am putting into a deep, well lined, pocket.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....