Snow ....

16th December 2022 (Friday)     07.30 .... Ye Gods .... I must have been

Ferry Road at 06.45.

tired last night:   I went to bed about 21.40, read my book until 22.00,... fell asleep and woke up at 04.45.   Writing Christmas cards must be hard work!    When I looked out at 04.45 there was no snow;  I switched the heating ‘on’ and went back to bed.   When I got ‘up’ at 06.15 there was snow.    Now it feels like it’s light rain that’s falling;  if it is rain that means we’ll have a right old mess in a wee while;  let's hope it doesn't freeze.  I’m thinkin’ that the kettle needs to be fired up again.

There’s an Amber warning, (active until midday today) for heavy snow showers along the Central Belt... applicable mostly to the  Glasgow and Stirling area.

09.30   It’s rainin’, the snow is melting... and we have a mess.   With a bit of luck the snow will have, more or less, gone by the time the sun breaks through;  I’m ready for sunny spells.   I’ve been for the paper and had a run down to the harbour, but it was raining at the time so I only took three photographs;  just to let you see how dreich it is.   Yep.... the kettle is ‘on’.


22.30     When I first looked out this morning (at 04.45) Ferry Road was dry, and when I go to bed tonight Ferry Road will be dry;  in between we’ve had snow, rain, and a mess of slush as the snow melted.    Tonight we have a drying wind and there was even a touch of red in the sky at sunset: a good mix of weather over 12 hours or so.  

My Christmas cards are ready to be delivered and I intend doing that tomorrow.   The forecast is .....(2 minute pause)....‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’, and there’s a yellow warning for ice up till midday tomorrow.  Hmmmm.... I don’t want ice.   I didn’t think it was that cold when I went out to see if the bucket had been emptied.    Ice could hold up my plans for delivering the cards.

I haven’t been overly busy today but I did do the ironing that’s been needing done for a


couple of days;   and then a wee bit o’ housework.  I’m looking for this weather to change soon;  I think it’s supposed to be much warmer on Monday.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....