Heavy showers rain/sleet....

10th December 2022 (Saturday)     08.17 .... ‘Heavy snow showers and a


gentle breeze’ is the weather forecast for KY9 today;  and we’ve just had a heavy shower o’ rain/sleet so it is dreich.   We should have some bonnie clouds around;  however I  won’t be going to the beach  for sunrise time because it’s spitting rain again.   I switched the kettle on a wee while ago so I'll have a fresh cup o' tea.

14.00    My Christmas has begun;  this morning I put up the strings that I hang my Christmas cards on;  and, after a cuppa, I will begin writing my Christmas cards.    The ones I ordered from SSAFA haven’t arrived yet so I’m going to use the ones I bought in January, and hope that the SSAFA ones are delivered in time for this Christmas.   I guess it all depends on the postal strike(s).


I am really chuffed with putting up the strings for the cards ;  it meant using step ladders and I was able to do that.   That’s the first time I’ve been to the second top step of said ladders since I had COVID.   I’m a happy boy.

The weather has been a bit unsettled so I’m unlikely to go out again today;  unless I have a walk up to the golf course at sunset time, if it looks like we’re going to have a visible sunset.   Right now I feel in need of a catnap... after the aforementioned cuppa.

19.38   We had a couple of heavy (and annoying) sleet and hail showers in the afternoon and they helped me make up my mind  to forget about going to the beach.   The sky looked interesting but I decided that someone else was bound to see and that a photo, of it.   Anyway I was in the mood to get started on the Christmas cards... with a warm cuppa to lubricate the  brain.   I haven’t made much progress but have at unearthed the Christmas cards I bought in January.   Sunday’s weather forecast for KY 9 is .... 10 minute delay.... is... ‘sunny with a gentle breeze’ ....but it isn’t going to be warm.    Thinking of warm reminds me that I won’t know how I’m doing with the cost of energy until I send a reading on the 2nd January.    I will have been with OVO three months


then and they will be able to advise and adjust after that date.   It’s a worrisome time for everyone.

There’s nothing on the tele tonight so I’m going to have browse through my Archive.   ‘Strictly’ has been moved to Sunday for some reason.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....